{54} the note

Ariana's POV

I woke up the next morning in Niall's room. He was laying face down, an arm draped over me protectively.

I smiled as I remembered last night. I was so happy that my first time was with Niall, a guy that I love more than anything. I got up and changed my clothes into pajamas, so no one suspects anything. I brushed my hair a little and fixed my makeup. I looked for any signs that people might notice and know that we slept together, and I couldn't find any.

My legs felt a little sore from last night, but if anyone notices, I'll just say my leg was stiff from the cast.

I walked down the stairs and saw everyone in the kitchen.

"Hey." I said as they all turned to me.

"Ooh! No more wheelchair!" Harry said.

"Yup I got cleared!" I said excitedly.

I went to the cabinet and got the cereal, pouring it into the bowl. The boys all returned to their conversations. Sarah came up to me, though.

"So did you and Niall do anything last night?" She whispered, wriggling her eye brows at me.

"What? No." I forced a laugh.

"You've always been a terrible liar. And oh my god! Ariana doesn't have a V-card anymore!" She said, way to loudly.

I put a hand over her mouth but all the boys already turned to me. I face palmed and said, "I hate you and your loud mouth, Sarah." I groaned, going to the fridge for the milk.

"So how was it?" She continued, the boys attention still on me.

"Do you ever shut up?" I asked her. The boys sniggered and I said, "Oh shut it Zayn and Liam. I'm sure you've done it with Perrie and Sophia." I countered.

Their faces flushed red. I rolled my eyes at them and sat down at the island counter, eating my cereal.

A groggy Niall came down the stairs. His hair was still messed up from last night.

"Wow Niall, didn't even bother to try and hide that you and Ariana did the dirty last night." Louis said, smirking.

I covered my face with my hands and said, "Can we please stop talking about this?"

"You told them?" Niall asked me.

"No! Sarah knew somehow!"

"It's because she's a terrible liar." Sarah chimed in.

"Well there's nothing to hide anymore then." Niall shrugged.

"You used protection, right?" Liam asked.

I groaned, "We aren't stupid Liam."

"Just making sure." He smirked.

"I am eating in the other room. No one can join me unless they are done talking about this." I said firmly, bringing my breakfast into the other room.

"I bet Niall wants to come." Zayn joked. I rolled my eyes because they probably thought that I couldn't hear them.

Sure enough though, Niall sat down next to me with a bowl of cereal. I set my finished bowl down on the coffee table and looked up to see him looking at me.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I responded. He kissed me and I rested my head on his chest, no words were needed.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A couple of hours later, I was alone in my room when I remembered the note.

I walked to my nightstand and opened the drawer, to find the envelope. I opened it carefully and slowly, then picked up the card.

Something shiny dropped out and I picked it up. I examined it and noticed it was a lot like the promise ring, just a little fancier.

I opened up the little piece of paper. It was Niall's hand writing and I smiled.

Dear Ariana Grande,

I know you are probably very confused right now.

Me too.

But I do know one thing.

I love you.

I love you and I don't think it would be possible to love anyone else. You're absolutely perfect. I know you're insecure but in my eyes, you're perfection.

You're all I need. I don't need to be famous. I would quit my band if it meant I could be with you every second of every day. You mean more to me than anything or anyone.

I know you don't believe in young marriage. And I totally respect that.

The ring I gave you is a wedding ring.

Put it on when you decide you are ready and we can take it from there.

Because I love you. I wish there was a way to show that I don't just love you, but it's something more. I haven't figured it out yet, but you make me feel it.

You make me strong, Ariana. I get so much hate online but you help me through it, and you don't even know that you're helping me. Your smile, your voice, your personality, everything about you makes me happy.

Thank goodness you got kidnapped. Thank goodness you didn't want to go back home. Because I wouldn't have gotten the chance to fall in love with you.

Never leave me Ariana. I honestly don't know what I would ever do without you.

When you got taken by Mark a couple months ago. I was broken. Hearing your voice over the phone the day Mark got taken and locked up, slowly made my heart mend back together.

When I saw you today in the wheelchair when I was picking you up from the hospital, made me feel broken, but so happy at the same time.

The fact that you were broken made me broken, but it made me happy just to see you.

You have this effect on me. I'm so damn confused lately, because I can't figure out my feelings towards you.

But like I said, I know one thing.

I know that I love you.

I also know now that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to grow old with you, have children, and just be happy together.

I know you're not ready but I want you to know that I am, whenever you are.

Because I love you.

Love,

Niall

I looked up and saw in the mirror that I was crying. I love him so much and more than that. Just like he said. I looked at the ring that was in my hand.

I wasn't even thinking. I didn't have to.

I slipped it on my finger, right next to the promise ring.

I whispered to myself, "I think I'm ready."