{50} healing

Oh my god guys I'm on chapter 50, time for the sentimental speech.

*clears throat*

Okay so I want to thank my readers. Every single one of you. Whether you vote on every chapter, recently just started and read through all of them, or have been here since the beginning. (Even when I sucked really badly). I know this is a cliché plot, but I started it a while ago, and now I'm trying to make it better than all of the other stories with the same plot line.

I reached 16k reads the day I wrote this. (Hopefully I will have even more when I actually finish and publish it.) Thanks so much for reading and for the support!

I absolutely love your comments. They make my day, really.

Thanks for dealing with my errors and fat thumbs, by the way. ;)

Just so you know, this is not the end, there is much more to come!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Ariana's POV

[One month later]

I am being released from the hospital today. Or should I call it hell.

Actually wait, my old house is hell and Mark is the devil. The people at the hospital are caring for me. So never mind that is a terrible comparison.

They didn't let any visitors come and they made me keep the lights off because of my major concussion.

You all gasp, 'major concussion?' You say in disbelief.

Well, I was not surprised, seeing how many times I blacked out, had my head slammed into walls, been thrown down the stairs, was pushed and fell, I was kind of expecting it.

I actually had a whole list of things wrong with me. I even had it in writing.

•Major Concussion

•Stitches on left temple.

•Broken left wrist.

•Dislocated Shoulder. (Already popped back into place).

•2 cracked ribs.

•Broken right ankle.

•Sprained left ankle.

•Broken left toe.

•countless bruises, scratches, scars, etc.

I got my stitches taken out yesterday, my ribs healed, my left ankle was no longer sprained and my broken toe was also healed. Some of the bruises faded and some of the scratches faded as well.

So I was left with an almost fully healed concussion, a cast on my left wrist and right ankle, and I'm sitting in a damn wheelchair.

I'm not being humorous right now, it's called sarcasm. Because life sucks sometimes.

Okay, I'll get back to being serious. Niall was picking me up today. It was the first time I've seen him in two months. And tomorrow was my birthday which I will not spending in the hospital. Thank god. Their food is disgusting, I'd rather not taste their birthday cake. If you can call it cake. Or food.

I was wheeling out to the waiting room, my injury list in my pocket so that I didn't have to say it all to Niall, along with my medication list, and a smile that I couldn't contain, since I was about to reunite with the love of my life.

I spotted him through the automatic doors. He was facing out to the parking lot, while he wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans.

I wheeled out the door and snuck up behind him.

"Fancy seeing you here." I spoke suddenly.

He jumped and turned around.

His face was full of mixed emotions as he ran to me. He embraced me in a hug and I was so freaking upset that I couldn't stand up and be face to face with him.

He crouched down next to my wheelchair with tears falling from his eyes. I used my non-casted hand to wipe his tears. I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"You don't need to cry, I'm okay." I whispered.

"I hate seeing you like this." He said motioning to me, "You don't deserve it."

"Nobody does Niall, but it has to happen to somebody." I said, grasping his hand.

He kissed my right temple, the one that didn't I get any stitches in and said,

"Let's get you home."

I was free from Mark, I was with the love of my life, and I was slowly starting to heal.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Okay the past few chapters have been short but they've been good and I've been updating frequently so I was hoping you'd be happy anyway?