{49} finally

Ariana's POV

It was one month later when Mark finally left the house. One month full of blood, bruises, screams, and a lot of tears. I had a lot of cuts, my bed sheets had splotches of red on them. I thought my room was my safe haven. But Mark always came in with a knife, making me bleed enough to hurt, but not to die.

"We have no food in the house. I need to buy more. I'm locking you in here, the windows are boarded. Don't even think about trying anything." I nodded slowly. I waited until the door shut before I stood up.

I limped to my closet looking for my dress from my Tenth birthday party.

My last birthday I spent with my parents.

I shook off the sappy memories and found the small pink dress. I found the safety pin in the chest. I wasn't developed at all yet, and mom had to pin it to make it smaller.

I shed a tear at the embarrassing memory.

I put the pin in the small hole in the doorknob. I jiggled it around until I heard a click. I smiled in satisfaction and limped to the stairs.

I slowly crawled down, looking around at the house. It gave me the creeps, but I continued on, limping into the kitchen. I found the only house phone there was, hidden in the pantry. I picked it up and dialed the three numbers I was looking for.

9-1-1.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hi, I'm eighteen years old, my name is Ariana Grande, and my abusive father that adopted me is holding me captive."

I rambled into the phone.

"What is your location?" She asked. I told her the address and she said that help is on the way.

"While they are on the way I need to ask you questions. Where is he now?"

"Food shopping. It's the first time he's left the house in a month." I answered quickly.

"Please make sure the police come and hide so he still comes home and thinks nothing is different. I don't want him to get away." I pleaded.

"Of course. Everything is under control." She comforted me.

"Thank you so much." I heard his car pull in.

"He's home, tell the police I'll be in my bedroom."

"Sure thing." She said. I hung up, hid the phone, and ran upstairs, ignoring the pain in my legs and ankle.

I shut my bedroom door and locked it from the outside, right when I heard Mark enter the house. I laid in my bed, catching my breath before he came up.

Then I heard the words that made me feel safe again.

"Sir, put your hands where I can see them."

I limped downstairs to see Mark being hand cuffed.

"You little bitch." He yanked free of the police man's grip and charged at me. He was tackled to the ground and handcuffed. They dragged him out to the police car. They called an ambulance for me while they asked questions.

I answered everything and they said Mark would be put in jail for at least thirty years for everything he's done, and I learned that Mark has committed crimes before, such as burglary, breaking and entering, and even attempted murder.

"Can I please call someone?" I asked before they put me on a stretcher.

"Who?"

"My boyfriend. He is probably so worried and I need to talk to him."

They talked to each other but eventually approved, handing me a phone.

I dialed his number very quickly and the phone started ringing.

"Hello?" My favorite Irish boy answered.

"Niall? It's Ariana. I'm okay."

"Ariana?" He said in disbelief. "Guys! It's Ariana!" He yelled distantly.

"What happened to you? Oh my god I've missed you so much. God I love you." He rambled.

"I love you too." I said, smiling.

"You didn't answer my first question! Talk!"

"Mark got me. He's been holding me captive, can I explain all of this later?" I said.

"Oh my god! Where are you?" He asked, excitement filling his voice.

"I'm still at my old house. They're taking me to the hospital." I explained.

"Oh my god are you okay? What did he do to you?"

"I'm fine. Just the usual, but kinda worse." I said.

"Oh baby I'm so sorry this happened. I'll see you soon, love?"

"Yeah, I love you."

"Love you too, Ari." He said and I hung up. They lifted me onto the stretcher and rolled me to what I'd like to call, safety.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

YAY!

Mark is locked up, whoop whoop.