[SOOMPI Article] SVT-LADY Says Goodbye

— 181231

SVT-LADY just held their final concert before officially disbanding their sub-unit and their temporary hiatus from their group and...well...we're all a wreck at best.

The show, held at a smaller theater, was very intimate. The girls performed three new songs, all of which tugged on our heart strings in different ways.

-

The first, The Best Thing I Ever Did, seemed like it was a song for each other. It was written by all of the girls with the help of JYP's Jimin Park.

With lyrics like, "The best thing I ever did was meeting you," "All I wanna do, all I wanna do; just like this, like this, like this, like this, the two of us forever," "All I wanna do, all I wanna do; just like this, like this, like this, like this, let us never change," "As the year goes by, little by little, so many things have happened but when I think about what they meant, why are they the moments I spent with you?" and "Used to feel lonely and empty but December is no longer lonely," made our hearts ache.

These girls really grew up together and are now like sisters. It's a beautiful thing. Also, Bella started tearing up a bit which of course made everyone else tear up.

-

The next song, Spring Breeze, seemed like it was for the fans. It was written by the girls with help from their members Woozi and S. Coups.

Touching lyrics include: "For always being by my side; the light you made and gave me," "Let's meet again when Spring Breeze passes; I'll smile brightly when Spring Breeze passes," "Sorry, sorry if it looked like I didn't accept you; thank you, thank you for giving me beauty," "You were the only one who gave the tired me a hand, you made me breathe," and "I am not scared because we know each other's hearts well; Don't worry, more than anyone else, I know you better."

This song gave us hope that maybe this isn't the absolute end for our favorite sub-unit. It gave the fans words of encouragement that this wouldn't be the end, and that they'll still be around to comfort us when we need it.

-

Their final song, Downpour, is just stunning. It was written by (can you guess?) the girls and Woozi. Just...listen to it.

I can't bring myself to listen to it all the way without sobbing. Especially since all of the girls cried while performing — even strong ChaCha.

-

Here are a translation of their ending ments.

Bella—

I promised myself I wouldn't cry, yet here I am. Things can get really hard as a leader, and they were. But these girls made it so much easier for me. Being with them is the greatest blessing of my life. We took about a week off before the awards season and spent time apart, and it was harder for all of us than we thought it would be. We realized how much we needed each other. We couldn't have had any wins without you all, so I'll thank you as well. You often tell me I'm a good leader, but that's not true. I'm not a good leader. These girls are continuously making me a good leader. We were a great team, weren't we? Let's continue down this path. This isn't goodbye, remember that. We'll stay for as long as you'll have us, so stay for a long time.

ChaCha—

Growing up, I was an only child. I've never known what it was like to have brothers and sisters. But being with these girls for so long has shown me what it's like. I used to go home alone after school and have nothing to look forward to and now I have 16 best friends. We take care of each other like family, we tease each other like family, we love each other like family. That won't ever change. I'm so thankful to these girls up here and our brothers, who are watching as well. Let's take care of each other, tease each other, and love each other for a long, long time. Thank you.

Madison—

I don't often show the darker sides of me, only the girls really see that. There's been quite a lot of dark times that I hide from you, because I want us all to be happy. I love performing for you, and I sincerely thank you for being there for us through thick and thin, through the light and dark times. I pray it's all light from here on out. I love you all so much. I hope we can continue to be as happy as we are right now.

Gigi—

My members mean so much to me, even though I don't admit it much. When things get especially hard and I really want to quit, I just look around me. Everywhere I look, there's these three encouraging me to work harder, be better, and making me feel happier. Besides my actual sister, I couldn't have asked for better big sisters. I couldn't have asked for a better team than us and you.

-

We wanted to say Thank You, SVT-LADY. I hope we meet again when Spring Breeze passes.

-

[+112, -1] It's a happy and sad day. Sad because they're disbanding the sub-unit but happy because now they get to rest and be with the boys more. We'll always be a family. #ThankYouLADY

[+108, -4] the best thing i ever did was stan svt

[+102, -2] First Mark leaving Dream, Wanna One disbanding, now this? It's been a YEAR folks. Excuse me while I cry my eyes out

[+29, -0] I wonder how long their break will be :((

[+81, -9] they've done so so much as a unit,,,i'm just glad they aren't disbanding from the rest of seventeen

[+97, -5] seeing bella cry so much made me lose it. she really loves them. she's been a great leader :-(

[+118, -3] i hope we meet again soon, too #thankyoulady

-

RELATED NEWS
- SVT'S GIGI TO JOIN PRODUCE 101 -
- HOW LONG WILL PLEDIS GIVE LADY TO REST? -
- MINGYU SHARES TOUCHING SNS POST ABOUT SVT LADY -
- BELLA AND MADISON TO GUEST MC AT GAYO -
- NETIZENS REACT TO SEEING CHACHA CRY -