Knowing Brothers w/ EXO's Lee Ara

During promotions for their debut album as a sub-unit, the girls of SVT-LADY made an appearance on the variety show Knowing Brothers.

While there, they met EXO's female member, Lee Ara. She just so happened to be a special guest on the show at the same time as the girls.

This particular episode of Knowing Brothers was trending on Naver for quite a while due to the natural chemistry of the five girls. Even Heechul noticed the dynamic.

After Madison made a joke at the expense of Ho-dong, Ara couldn't contain her laughter. She even stood up from her seat to give the younger girl a high-five.

"Yah!" Heechul finally said. "Have you met before?"

Madison and Ara, still absent-mindedly holding hands, shook their hands. "No, I don't think so."

"We've said hello in passing at music shows, but that's it."

"You two have a great chemistry!" Ho-dong pointed out. "Or maybe insulting me unites people."

"I can see why they get along, though. They're all girls in majority male groups. That must give you a special bond."

"Oh...that's true!" Gi suddenly said.

This made everyone crack up.

"You didn't realize? Wah, maknae..." Soogeun teased, shaking his head in mock disappointment at the youngest girl. "Pay more attention."

"We should hang out sometime," Bella suggested. "We can talk about how hard it is to be around so many men at once."

Ara extended her hand for a high five. "That sounds like a plan!"

Heechul was actually really interested in this blooming friendship. "Are you sure you haven't met before? You're acting like best friends!"

"They aren't even talking with honorifics," Janghoon pointed out.

"Oh! Sorry!" Bella apologized quickly. "Should I call you unnie, since you're older?"

"Wha—? Am I older than you?" Ara asked.

"When's your birthday?"

"January of 1994."

Bella nodded. "You're my unnie. I'm a '95 liner."

"And you're the oldest? I'm older than all of you?" Ara asked, seemingly shocked by this information.

"I'm a '96 liner," ChaCha, who had been quiet up until this point, told everyone.

"I'm a '98er," Madison chimed in.

Gi finished with, "And I was born in 2000."

"What?!"

Gi laughed at the expression on Ara's face. "I'm Seventeen's maknae."

"I'm in EXO's maknae line, I'm third youngest," Ara explained to the girls, her back totally turned on the hosts. "So that's why I'm so surprised. I'm used to being the youngest all the time."

"Look at them having their own conversation!" Heechul exclaimed, acting angry. "It's like we aren't even here! Should we leave?"

Ho-dong joined in, trying to hide his laughter. "Yah! We're filming over here, care to join us?"

"Ah, sorry," Ara said over all the laughter in the room. "I'm so excited, it's like having little sisters."

Throughout the taping of the show, the girls made each other crack up and nearly fall over from laughing so hard. Bella seemed to be closest to Ara due to the smaller age gap, but she also got along really well with Gi when they talked about dancing. Her and ChaCha talked about their mutual love of writing and producing, while her and Madison bonded over their interest in fashion and acting.

While giving closing remarks at the end of the taping, Ara made sure to thank her new friends. "My new Seventeen friends, it was so nice getting to meet you and actually talk this time instead of a rushed hello. I hope this friendship lasts for a long time!"

Madison clapped. "We have to exchange numbers, unnie!"

"Absolutely!"

"Wha—we aren't invited out?" Heechul joked, earning laughs from everyone on the set.

"Girls only!" Ara told him, flashing the girls that a sweet smile.

After the show was wrapped for the day, Ara made sure to follow up and actually exchange numbers with the four girls. They made a group chat, appropriately called 'Queens', and have been texting non-stop ever since.

this was a collab with @smile671! the next part is in her book, EXO's 10th Member! make sure to check it out, it's amazing!!