BellGyu | When We Were Young

Everyone knows how deep the love between Bella and Mingyu is

Everyone knows how deep the love between Bella and Mingyu is. Whether you've been a fan since debut or since two days ago, it was obvious how much these two adored each other. Sure, people had their theories, but no one knew the truth. No one.

You see, when Mingyu became a trainee and he and Bella met, there was instant chemistry. But it was much more than just a fondness. It was love.

After a year and a half of hiding this mutual crush, Mingyu finally decided to ask Bella out on a date and she happily obliged.

They were absolutely perfect together.

Wouldn't that be a shock to fans? They dated for two and a half years. And when I say 'dated', I mean the whole shebang: pet names, kisses, cuddles, love making. All of it.

Then the group debuted and things got weird.

They were often scolded by the leaders and managers for being too obvious. Mingyu was declared the unofficial visual and given the status of being the "puppy" or "ult boyfriend" of the group and Bella was given the role of group mom. It was a part of Mingyu's image to be a bit flirty with the fans. She was one of the leaders. They were ten times busier than they were before. Things just got to be too complicated.

As much as they loved each other, they knew it'd be easier to just breakup.

So they did.

For the first month, it was awful.

Both of them cried, they were hardly as social as they normally are, they were miserable.

But then they realized that they were friends before anything else. So they worked on becoming friends all over again. And it was almost like pre-debut times again. They laughed together, they supported each other, they were there for each other.

One of the nights of Ideal Cut happened to fall on their anniversary, which they still partially celebrated by sending each other sweet texts and posting sneakily on social media.

Bella chose to cover a song very meaningful to her on this night.

"Everybody loves the things you do...from the way you talk, to the way you move. Everybody here is watching you 'cause you feel like home, you're like a dream come true. But if by chance, you're here alone, can I have a moment before I go? 'Cause I've been by myself all night long, hoping you're someone I used to know."

They vowed to let things happen naturally. If the universe brought them back together one day at the right time and in the right place, then they'd get back together. If not, that was fine with them, too.

As long as they were best friends before anything else, it was fine with them.

"You look like a movie, you sound like a song. My God, this reminds me of when we were young. Let me photograph you in this light in case it is the last time that we might be exactly like we were before we realized we were sad of getting old, it made us restless. It was just like a movie, it was just like a song..."

Bella got emotional. She knew she shouldn't be crying. After all, it'd been years and they've been fine since then. But something about tonight with all of the fans and their beautiful light sticks, all of the members watching from the edge of the stage, the lyrics, the anniversary...seeing him sitting there with tears in his eyes.

"Let me photograph you in this light in case it is the last time that we might be exactly like we were before we realized we were sad of getting old, it made us restless. Oh, I'm so mad I'm getting old, it makes me reckless."

The members silently rooted for them, hoping and praying they'd get back together someday. No one forced or rushed it, though. They all knew they had to find each other again naturally. They were all patient.

"It was just like a movie, it was just like a song...when we were young."

-

excuse me while i go cry