MinMads | Not In That Way

and i hate to say i love you when it's so hard for me / and i hate to say i want you when you make it so clear you don't want me

"So that's when I told Sungjae and he nearly died from embarrassment. It was so funny, you should've been there...Madison?" Minhyuk looked up from his spot on the pool chair to where his girlfriend was sitting; key word: was. "Madison?" He turned and found her standing at the covered table where there bags were discarded and her typing on her phone. "Madison...are you even listening to me?"

"Yeah," she said, not taking her eyes from her phone.

He gave her a look. "Then what did I say?"

"Something about Joy surprising Sungjae."

He sighed, standing up to walk over to her. "Babe, you have been glued to your phone every second of every day."

He gently placed his hand over hers, forcibly lowering them so she'd have to look up at him.

She also sighed. "I'm sorry, I just...you know how the boys told me I've been distant lately and I just...I want to make up for lost time."

"Don't you see them all the time?" he asked, his voice similar to that of a child as he caressed her cheek softly.

"You know what I mean...I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I get it." He gave her a smile and took a small step back. "Did you let them know you and Bella landed safely and made it to the hotel?"

"Yeah," Madison returned his smile, finishing her text. "Everyone in the groupchat says hello, by the way."

"Tell them I said we have to get together soon." Minhyuk watched as she texted his message in the member group chat. He then watched as her phone started buzzing like crazy, but they weren't from the groupchat.

They were from Hoshi.

and i hate to say i need you / i'm so reliant, i'm so dependent, i'm such a fool / when you're not there i find myself singing the blues / can't bare, can't face the truth

Minhyuk couldn't help himself. "Of course you're texting Soonyoung."

Madison looked up, obviously confused. "Yeah...and?"

Minhyuk scoffed, turned around and began walking towards the pool. "Nothing."

"Is that a problem or something?"

He turned around, frowning. "Madison...be honest with me."

and i hate to say i want you when you make it so clear you don't want me

"Be honest about what?"

"Soonyoung."

Madison had explained to him that her members had felt a little awkward around her lately because she had been growing distant. She even explained to him that Hoshi in particular felt like he didn't even know her anymore. To make up for that, she'd been trying to talk to them a lot more lately. He knew all of this, so why was he upset?