Moshi | Ruin

Do you, do you think about me? / And do you, do you feel the same way? / Do you, do you remember how it felt?  / 'Cause I do, so listen to me baby

You see, during the trainee days, Soonyoung had the biggest crush on Madison. He never acted on it, though, because he saw what happened with Bella and Mingyu. He also didn't realize just how deeply he felt about her, though, until she started getting male attention...especially from him.

Before Minhyuk was even in the picture, Madison and Hoshi were inseparable. Two peas in a pod. They were up there with BellGyu, JeongCheol and Verkwan in terms of being a popular ship in the fandom.

So you can imagine how heartbroken he was when they got back from the ISACs and she couldn't stop talking about Minhyuk. He didn't blame the older boy, though. He knew it was his fault for never initiating anything romantic with Madison.

I'm not tryna' ruin your happiness / but darling don't you know that I'm the only one for ya? / No, I'm not tryna' ruin your happiness baby / but darling don't you know that I'm the only one?

He never wanted to say anything cause he'd never seen her so happy. She was laughing constantly, always walking around with a smile on her face, she was walking on clouds. Meanwhile, he didn't know what he felt. He was happy that she was happy, of course, but it still hurt him.

Even though he never initiated anything romantic with her, he still had a little hope in the back of his mind that someday, they'd be together. Hell, everyone in the group thought they would at some point. Well...almost everyone.

"I'm not understanding why you're so upset about it," Seungcheol said, turning to look at Hoshi from the passenger seat of the van. "Aren't you happy for her?"

"Of course I am!" Hoshi defended himself, slumping down in his seat.

"Then what's the problem?"

"It's just...new, is all."

Woozi nodded from the seat in the row behind Hoshi. "Yeah, hyung, you can't deny that things just feel different. They call Madison "Seventeen's Girlfriend", right? Why is that?"

Seungcheol shrugged. "She's cute and always hugs us and kisses us and is taken care of like a girlfriend."

"Right," Woozi continued. "Do you even remember the last time she hugged you?"

Seungcheol paused to think. Huh...now that he thought about it...it'd been quite a while since Madison was so lovey dovey with any of the members. "Okay, well she has an actual boyfriend now, so it makes sense."

"Hyung, imagine how Hoshi feels," Dino, who was sitting next to Hoshi, finally spoke up. "If she was the groups girlfriend, she was like his wife. You couldn't pry her away from him if you wanted to and now, all of a sudden...she's just not anymore."

After a very long pause, the leader asked a question. "To be fair, does she even realize?"

"Realize what?"

"That you're in love with her?"

Do you, do you think about me at all? / And do you, do you feel the same way? / Oh, tell me, babe / And do you, do you remember how it felt? / 'Cause I do, so listen to me now

She was everything to him: the one person who could make him laugh no matter how mad he was, the person whose touch he craved after a long day, the person whose laughter he never wanted to disappear, his confidant, his person...and she always would be no matter who she was dating.

And because he was too scared, she had no idea. And she was experiencing all of those things with someone else.

It hurt him. And everyone seemed to notice except for Madison. Whenever she brought him over to the dorm, Hoshi would disappear into his room and and no one would hear from him until the morning. A member of the '96 line or Chan would send him an encouraging text, but it didn't make him feel better. It never did.

Do I ever cross your mind? / Do I ever cross your mind?

He secretly wished whenever Minhyuk kissed her, she'd think of him; whenever Minhyuk hugged her, she'd want his hugs; whenever she hung out with BTOB, she'd long for him and the '96 line; whenever Minhyuk told her he loved her, she'd know no one could ever love her more than he did.

Still, he would wait however long it took. For her, he'd do anything.

Do I ever cross your mind? / I'm not tryna' ruin your happiness at all...

-

soooo i realized i had written two versions of the moshi short and uploaded the wrong one and accidentally deleted this one...sorry. so if you read "moshi | i got you", forget her she doesn't exist it never happened.

so long story short: minmadds are still together and hoshi is still conflicted.

please listen to the song. it helps the mood.

hope you enjoyed.