GiCheol/Gino | I Hope You Find It

These clouds ain't going nowhere, baby / Rain keeps falling down / I just thought I'd try to call you, baby / You've gone too far out of town

Times have changed since the pre-debut days and the early days of Seventeen. Times have really changed.

Some things for the better, and some things for the worse.

Seungcheol was always going to be Gigi's favorite oppa, and she was always going to be his favorite dongsaeng. Absolutely nothing in the world could change that.

Am I supposed to hang around and wait forever? / The last words that I said / That was nothing but a broken heart talking, baby / You know that wasn't what I meant

Though, as years passed, Gigi started experiencing the worst heartbreak she'd ever felt in her life. And it hit her even harder because she didn't see it coming nor did she have any grounds for feeling the way she did in the first place.

Her and Seungcheol were slowly losing feelings for each other.

Her sister always told her that falling out of love with someone would hurt her, but that it was totally natural.

Still, Gigi didn't see this coming at all.

Call me up, let me know that you got this message I'm leaving for you / 'cause I hate that you left without hearing the words that I needed you to

Seungcheol, on the other hand, saw it from a mile away.

As they grew further apart emotionally, he saw that she was growing closer to Dino.

He was conflicted. He was sad that things didn't work out the way he initially wanted them to, he was so happy. His two dongsaengs were totally smitten and they didn't even realize it themselves yet.

Don't get him wrong; he was sad their relationship was changing but saw her when she was with Dino. It was natural, they had fun, they were soulmates.

He couldn't be mad at that.

I hope you find it; what you're looking for / and I hope it's everything you dreamed your life would be and so much more / And I hope you're happy wherever you are / I wanted you to know that, and nothing's gonna change that / I hope you find it

Let's not be mistaken: they were still absolute best friends. They still had one of the best oppa/dongsaeng relationships of all time. They didn't let their feelings (or lack thereof) about their personal relationship come between their natural bond.

He slowly started removing himself from the picture, happily allowing the maknaes to be happy and grow closer.

She noticed it, too.

The best part was because they were never official or confessed to each other, it was much easier to handle the situation. She didn't realize that he noticed the connection between her and Dino, though, she just thought they were mutually drifting apart.

He hoped that whatever she was missing from him, she'd find it in Dino.

Whatever it is out there that you were missing here / I hope you find it

-

ouch. bet you thought gicheol were gonna be endgame, huh?

are y'all ready to get emo? be prepared for some moshi and bellgyu!!