Not So Smooth

Jeffrey

On our way to the hospital Addy wouldn't stop screaming, I could tell she was in immense pain and I tried comforting her but she didn't want to hear it. Which is understandable, I think she's just trying to prepare herself for the actual birthing of the two little nuggets in her. 

As soon as we got there she was wheeled away immediately, and since this was already a high-risk pregnancy, I wasn't even allowed to come into the delivery room and that in itself hurt me a bit. I wanted to be by her side, her each step of the way and I couldn't even be there the time she needs it the most. 

I gave her A quick goodbye kiss, and just like that she was gone, leaving me in the waiting room, with nothing but just my thoughts. And of course this caused me to wander, am i even ready? i never saw myself as a husband, or a father, in fact i thought i would be living the bachelor lifestyle forever, never did it cross my mind that i would have my own family to take care of. If you'd asked me two years ago, if i ever thought any of this was possible, i probably would've straight up laughed in your face. 

The Morgan men aren't much for families, hell, my own blood left a long time ago, how could he? how could he leave me? no matter what issues he had with my mother why were they taken out on me? i couldn't ever even imagine doing that. 

I hear loud screams and this alarmed me, i knew it was addy, im assuming its time to get this whole process going. 

---------------------------

3 hours later and her doctor comes out and sits next to me. 

"you must be jeffrey" 

i smile in acknowledgment 

"well im just here to tell you that we are about to do an emergency c-section"

Emergency? 

i instantly stand up "is everything alright? is she okay?" 

panicking i start pacing back and forth. 

"yes son shes okay, its very common for women pregnant with twins to have to undergo a c-section" 

i nod "can i please just see her before she goes? please? itll only be a minute"

He shrugs "Yes but we are running low on time Mr. Morgan, the quicker you are done the quicker i can get these babies delivered" 

And with that we walked into the delivery room. And there she was, sweat all over her, pale as a ghost. 

i studied the way she looked i could tell she was in pain, it was written all over her. She notices im standing in the room and gets a smile

holding her weak arms out to me, i walk over to the bed and hug her tightly 

"Jeff.. somethings wrong" she simply stated. 

puzzled, i let her go and tilt my head "what?" 

"Im not going to make it" 

"dON'T say that!" i exclaimed bringing her into my arms again "everything's going to be okay" 

"You might be leaving here with two babies.. but-"

I cut her off "No. Absolutely not, We are leaving the same way we came in. Three of you now, Three of you then". 

the doctor clears his throat "We need to think about the possibilities" 

I shake my head "What are you trying to say?" 

"Well please understand this procedure isnt easy. And sometimes its a hard process especially on the mother. between pain, blood loss, etc." 

i wave my hand "okay enough. Do your job, your job is to make sure the mom is fine. and thats what you are going to do doc. i dont want to hear some bullshit excuses as to why you wont even attempt to do your very best". 

"Jeff" Addy warns 

"that may have been a little harsh" I apologize "But i meant every word" 

He nodded "understood" 

I turn back to Addy and kiss her "I will be waiting for you baby" 

--------------------------

after our conversation they took her back, and i was left just wandering around the hospital for awhile. I stopped by the nursery and studied the babies, and wow. soon ill be looking at my own, and that just made me all happy inside, but i noticed a baby didn't have a label on the tub and i stare at it. Who couldn't name their kid?

I feel someones presence next to me. 

"Which is yours?" the man asks. 

"oh no no, i'm not, mine are on their way still" I say "what about you?" 

he points to the nameless baby and shrugs "Not really mine, i found her earlier this morning outside a Mcdonalds." 

i furrow my eyebrows "Your'e kidding?" 

he shakes his head "I went for breakfast and came out and there she was, wrapped in that big ol blanket. At least they wrapped her up. bastards" 

i nod and study her "That is just awful.. whos going to take care of her?" 

"I cant adopt, I know for a fact i dont qualify.. and that kills me"

"So shes in the system?" 

"As for right now yes"

i Went to say something but i couldnt, The doctor Brings me to the outside of Addisons room and sighs 

"things like this are never easy"

my heart fell 

"we tried everything we could Jeffrey, please know that"

"What happened?" whimpering i shut my eyes, knowing that this is about to be the hardest news i probably have ever recieved. How could i even live with myself without Addy? 

"Addison, shes completely fine, And the delivery went smoothly, however, we did loose one of the babies"

I bow my head and start to cry a little bit 

The doctor clears his throat "Addison doesnt know this yet, we thought this would be in our best interest to have you present in the room, we arent sure how shes going to take it" 

i wipe my tears and nod 

we open the doors and Addy smiles widely "We did it!"

i nod and smile slightly "We sure did.." 

The doctor broke the news to her and she starts balling her eyes out, pain was written all over her. I held her in my arms and the doctor tell us he will give us our space until the baby is ready and that they will bring her in.

----------------------------