Built up

"Please for the love of god get her to stop crying!" Addison screams covering her ears. 

i stood there in shock, it was everything i ever loved about her is just disappearing right before my eyes. I hold clementine close to me still just starring at Addy who didn't even seem bothered by her own actions at all. 

Addison pushes me out of the bathroom and slams the door shut yet again. 

every single nerve in my body tensed up, and if it weren't for me holding my babygirl i would have lost it. 

i walk out of the bedroom and head to the kitchen, opening up the fridge to see there wasn't much breast milk left. 

i start heating it up, all while trying to sooth a screaming clementine, my mind wonders back to violet. i mentally curse myself out for not checking on her right when i left the room. 

i dart to the living room to see her still laying down her eyes glued to the screen. 

i sigh in relief and go back to making the bottle. 

------

Clementine seemed to be fine after i fed her. 

but i still couldn't get over what happened an hour ago. What is happening right now? I played the words Addison said over and over in my head. 

Calling Violet a stranger. 

what the hell is that even supposed to mean? 

she's in way over her head 

what the fuck? last time i recalled, she wanted this. She wanted babies, she wanted this family. 

me on the other hand? don't get me wrong, i would have been just fine without it, hell I've gone damn near my whole life living this bachelor lifestyle. 

i settled down, for HER. 

for her to even think that this wasn't even anything she wanted is straight up bullshit. 

I don't regret my babies. i am more than grateful i get this chance to love them more than i love myself but FUUUCK. 

Im shaken out of my thoughts when i hear heels clicking on our hardwood floor, i look over to see addison all dressed up in this skin tight red dress, makeup done, hair all nice. 

She doesnt even look at me she just walks over to her keys 

"where the hell are you going?" i ask 

"out". 

she starts to walk towards the front door when i stand in front of it 

"You do realize you have two newborn babies at home correct?" 

"im aware" she says reaching for the door, in which i close it 

"so why are you leaving? i mean addy for fucks sake you're not even healed yet?" 

"Why does it matter?" 

i laughed "why does it matter? because you're a bleeding mess? because our babies are depending on you for food?" 

she just stands there, looking at me, as if i just killed her cat. 

"no other reason?" she asks crossing her arms 

i quirk my eyebrow

is this woman fucking sane right now? 

"does there need to be?" 

she shrugs and turns around walking back to the bedroom. 

i collect myself and go back to tending to the babies, trying to piece together what the hell is actually happening right now. 

maybe she was right, maybe she IS way in over her own head. 

All i know is that i am not up for these childish antics.

i simply cant even entertain that for her right now. and its selfish she would even think this is how she needs to act right now for what? attention? 

------------

I got the girls ready to be put down, put them to bed ALL by myself. all whilst Addison stayed in the room, i didnt hear a peep coming from the bedroom, which was fine with me to be honest. 

with the way shes acting right now i dont even trust her around the babies. 

i finally sit down on the couch, crack open a beer, and throw my feet up on the coffee table. 

flicking through the channels trying to see what would grab my attention. 

i settled for Naked and Afraid. 

one beer turned into two. 

and before i knew it it was 10 PM and i was fuckin exhausted. Mentally and physically. 

i forced myself to get off the couch to peek in on the girls, make sure everything looked okay, and everything did seem fine. i cracked the door shut and walked to my bedroom to grab a blanket and pillow for the couch

i had already made up my mind that that's where i was going to sleep, i wanted to be close enough to the girls that i could hear if anything was wrong, and honestly i didn't even want to be in the same space as Addison. 

i open the door to see shes not in the bed, but something didnt feel right. i grabbed my pillow and a throw blanket. setting it aside i looked towards the bathroom door that was shut. 

and even though i am more than upset with her, i wanted to make sure she was okay too. 

i knock on the bathroom door 

no answer. 

sighing out i open the door to see addison fiddling with something on the counter, i noticed the bathroom window was open, and i was hit with the scent of marijuana. 

walking up quickly behind her to see her rolling just upset me

"are you serious?" is all i could say 

she looked over at me and kept doing what she was doing. 

"you know your daughters are in the next room right?" 

"so?" 

silence fell. i watched her spark up and take a big puff and exhale out of the window. 

"You shouldn't be doing that, it could affect the breastmilk." 

"and?" is all she said as she tried not coughing from the smoke. 

my anger finally took over i grabbed the blunt from her hands and tossed it out the window, and slammed it shut 

"what the fuck Jeffrey?" she says crossing her arms at me. 

i shake my head trying to gather up all of the things i wanted to say to her. i didn't want to hurt her. i just needed to know what is going on. 

"We need to talk"