My fault

I spent the last 24 hours in a hospital chair next to her.

She didn't wake at all, she laid there, out like a damn rock, I didn't know what the hell was going on, or when the hell she will be awake.

"Mr Morgan?" Dr. O'Malley calls out from the door

"Yeah" I say quickly

He comes fully into the room with a soft smile plastered on his face "Hi Mr. Morgan, how'd you sleep?"

"What do you think?" I snap quickly

He sighs "Well here I've got some good news for you"

"Out with it"

He flips open the chart and starts reading information more intently

"Well, last night we came in and ran a few tests on Addison.."

"What kind of tests?" I question

"Tests That read whether or not the babies are alive"

My eyes widened my heartbeat intensifies "Well..?"

He smiles "I'm please to tell you they both are perfectly okay, but here's our next issue, feeding them" he continues "if Addison does not wake up within in hour or so, we will be in deep waters"

I bowed my head and sighed "it never fucking ends man.." I say nearly above a whisper

Dr. O'Malley nods his head "listen, I'm not telling you to get your hopes up for something that might not happen because that's cruel. But what I can say, is that those kids being alive, and her being alive is something that rarely ever happens..long story short gods watching over her... like you said she's a fighter"

I smiled "thank you doc.. for everything."

He nods "I will be back within the next 30 mins, testing the conditions of the babies"

And with that he leaves
————————
"What the hell? What's happening!"

My eyes immediately pop open and there Addison is, all bug-eyed-out.

"Addison please" Dr. O'Malley says "calm down"

I looked over to Addison in shock "Baby?" I called out.

She looks over to me a little puzzled as to who or what I was.

"Jeffrey? What-what are you doing here?" She asks lowly.

"Baby-"

"Why are you calling me baby?" She quickly says "where's Jon?"

All of a sudden it hits me. Addison doesn't remember this part of me. She doesn't remember that she isn't with Jon anymore, or that she's with me.

"Addy.." my voice trails off bowing my head

All of my emotions came rushing to me all at once

All of my emotions came rushing to me all at once. My whole life is coming down around me. The one woman I wanted, the one woman I NEEDED doesn't even remember being with me. To her I'm just an acquaintance, she doesn't remember the life we have built together.

Dr. O'Malley begins "addison-"

I quickly cut him off tears filling my eyes "We are engaged!"

Addy is taken back and frowns a bit "no, we aren't? Jeffrey what kind of joke is this? This isn't funny?"

I laughed sarcastically, tears falling from my eyes "A joke?? A fucking joke! I wish this shit was a fucking joke!"

"Dr. Please just get me Jon" Addison says, shortly.

My heart is broken, I walked up to her bedside and held up her hand "Baby there is no Jon.. it's me.."

She widens her eyes "Jeffrey I'm sorry I don't know what you're even talking about."

Anger filled me "Look!" I say angrily pointing to the ring to her finger "look I gave you this!"

She confusingly looks down at the ring on her finger and gasps

"Why?" She quickly asks "Jeffrey I can't take this-"

"Because you love me!" I begin crying even harder "Addison you love me, you can take it, you already have!" I say between sobs

She slowly takes it off and hands it to me "Jeff I- I'm sorry.."

The other doctor comes in with scans to test the conditions of the twins again, Addy looks up at them and recognizes the ultrasound machine

"What? What why do you have that" she asks pointing.

Dr O'Malley looks to me and nods, signaling I needed to be the one to tell her she was pregnant with our babies.

"Addison" I say cautiously trying to keep it together "we are gonna be parents-"

"What the shit?" She says, I chuckle even tho I know I shouldn't have

"We-we had sex?" She asks in disbelief

I furrowed my eyebrows smirking slightly "yes sweetie.."

She quickly blushes, turning a rose color smiling a bit "was I at least good at it?" She asks laughing a bit.

I shake my head smiling "always" is all I said. That's all I could say, how do you tell someone who doesn't even know who you are, how many times a day y'all go at it like rabbits?

She shakes her head "there's gotta be some mistake, This has to be Jon and I's"

Hearing that sentence made me sick to my stomach, knowing she didn't even remember this with me.

All of my anger hit me at once "Fuck Jon." I say three gritted teeth

Her smile disappears "Excuse me?"

I storm out of the room, not being able to take it anymore. I couldn't take explaining anymore to her, since it clearly wasn't getting to her.

Dr. O'Malleys right on my tail trying to get me to clam down but I blow him off.

I stand outside of the hospital and pull out a cig, lighting it and taking a long, deep drag.

My own pregnant fiancé doesn't know who the fuck I am..
——————
I called Addison's mom and explained everything that happened and she was at the hospital in an half an hour.

"Where is she?" She asks coldly

"She's in the ICU She got moved I guess-"

"How could you let this happen to her!" She says loudly "you aren't supposed to let her do stupid shit this all your fucking fault!"

"No!" I shout "Stop I don't need to hear this!" Balling my hands into fists I look to the floor, gritting my teeth fighting back tears that just needed to escape.

"Oh but you do! You need to know that this is your fault and you can never ever fucking change it"