Home

I had to drive us home, Jeffrey was in no condition to even be behind the wheel right now. He was a mess, a cursing, spitting mess.

"That sneaky son of a bitch!" He yelled to himself as we pulled into the driveway of his parents, or should I say parent home

"Jeffrey I know you're upset, okay I am too" I say turnin off the car and looking over at him "but I need you to breathe before we go back in there. You're going to say something you don't mean"

He looked at me "You don't know that.."

"Yes I do!" I protested "I know you. Okay? You and I are going to go back into this house and we are going to pretend we are okay"

"Absolutely not! We are going to ask what the hell she was thinking hiding something like this from me. I went a whole lifetime thinking that man was my father-"

"And he still is." I cut him off, making Jeff look at me "he is still your father. He has been there. He watched you grow up, he raised you."

He took a deep breath in and sighed

"You're going to have to calm down for me and we will have to deal with this together, okay?" I questioned

He nodded "okay.." I lifted his chin and made him look at me, I placed a small kiss on his dry lips and got out of the car.

He was right on my tail as we approached the front door, taking a deep breath in him and I walked through the front door. I saw that my suitcase was sitting in front of the couch, my clothes strewn everywhere, my blood began to boil as I saw my stuff had definitely been tampered with.

"What the?" I questioned stepping fully into the room to see his mother shooting me a look. "Did you do this?" I  pointed to my suitcase as I kneeled down. I searched frantically to see if anything was missing, when I realize the lingerie I brought was spread across the couch.

"What were you thinking bringing something like this into my house?" She hissed.

I froze, I looked back to Jeffrey who had an unamused look plastered on his face.

"Mom that's really not your business" he says quickly snatching up the pieces and throwing them into the suitcase.

I stood there embarrassed "why did you go through my stuff?" I asked nearly above a whisper.

"Well its in MY house" she says, standing up and walking to Jeffrey. "How did things go with your father?" She questioned changing the topic.

I zipped up my suitcase and set it aside, facing the problem at hand.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" Jeffrey asked lowly, walking towards the kitchen. His mother quickly followed.

"Tell you what JD?" She asked innocently.

Jeffrey opened a cabinet that revealed bottles upon bottles of liquor. He pulled out a handle of sailor-jerrys (rum) and untwisted the cap, taking a swig straight from the bottle.

"Oh don't play bullshit with me" he says.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table, watching the two converse

"You know don't you?.." she whispered, bowing her head.

"That you lied to me my whole life? Yeah" he answered angrily, gulping from the bottle. "I wanna know why"

She sighed and sat at the table across from me. She shoots me a look asking for help, I shook my head and looked away.

She sighs "come here JD.." she points to the seat next to her.