Its not our fault

Arriving at the hospital I felt a little disoriented. I didn't really understand what was going on, but I needed to see if Norman was okay.

Norman was one of my closest friends, he had been there for me at the start of my career many years ago. He supported me financially for some of those years too. There would be no way I could ever thank him for that.

I sped into the waiting room to be quickly greeted by camera flashes and people shouting questions at me. It all got to me, it all made me feel dizzy, and just when I thought I was about to pass out again like I did last time I was bombarded with cameras, I heard Jeffrey's voice shout at the paparazzi.

"Hey back the fuck up!" He shouts loudly, causing everyone to turn their attention on him. They began shoving cameras in his face and asking him dumb questions too.

"Where is the security!?" I cried out to the front desk lady.

She shrugged "I don't know they haven't showed up yet" she said nonchalantly, pulling out her phone and smiling at me as she snapped a picture.

"What the fuck?" I question angrily "are you really finding joy in this!"

She shook her head

I slammed my fists down on the front desk and sighed "please just tell me where Norman reedus is staying.."

"You cant see him" she says putting down her phone

"And why the hell not!" I shouted over the loudness of the crowd.

"You're not a family member.. we are only allowing family visitations right now-"

"I'm the closest thing he's got!" I argued back "please just tell me his room number" I begged about to cry.

She sighed and shook her head "I can't believe I'm doing this" she says lowly as she pulls out an index card. She wrote normans room number on it and shoved it over the counter to me.

I quickly snatched it out of her hands and with that Abigail and I were off. I had to leave Jeffrey behind and hurry up to go see Norman before the lady changed her mind.

As the elevator makes it to normans floor number I couldn't hear anything. It was a dead, unnerving silence. I expected to hear something. Possibly a crowd of fans screaming on the other side of his door. But instead there was nothing. The floor was completely ghosted, the only humans that were even there was normans bodyguard, mike and two more hospital guards.

The hospital guards didn't look happy at all to see Abigail and I.

"You need to get back in that elevator and leave!" One hissed from the front of the elevator not even allowing us off.

"Excuse me?" I questioned quirking an eyebrow at him. "I'm not going anywhere until I can see Norman-"

"Negative." He says quickly cutting me off. "You aren't permitted-"

"Hey!" Mike says cutting the douche off. "No allow them to come here" he says from normans door.

The gaurd turns to him "absolutely not!" He says angrily "I was instructed to make sure-"

"I don't give a flying fuck what you were instructed to do. You're going to let them come. This is what Norman would want. Trust me"

The guard turned back towards us and cursed lowly "fine" he gestured us to follow him down the quiet hallway where Abigail and I were met with the other unhappy guard.

The both of them looked to mike who shot them a look that would make the hairs on your neck stand up.

"Only one of them in at a time" Guard number one barks.

Abigail shoots me a "please let me go first look" in which I scoff.

"No fucking way" I say sternly walking towards the door quickly. Before she could even argue back it was already too late. I was standing in the doorway of normans room.

I shut the door behind me and walked slowly fully into his room.

He had tubes flowing everywhere and he was hooked up to so many machines. I gasped in horror at how deranged he seemed. He had dried blood all over his hair along with a bandage wrapped around his head.

I examined more intently as I saw he had a huge gauze coving his midsection. I saw the blood had already seeped through, it was time to get it changed now!

"Normy?" I called out quietly walking up to him.

"Hey" he says weakly opening; or barely even opening his eyes.

"How did this happen..?" I asked quietly trying not to bust out in tears.

"It's not Jeff's fault" he coughed out trying to sit up, but the pain was too much that he just laid back down "we were at an intersection. Jeff was waiting to pull out. We both looked both way Addison. I don't know how we missed it.."

"Missed wha-"

"There was a fucking eighteen wheeler coming fast and took out my side of the car. I should be fucking dead" he cried out bowing his head.

I quickly walked up to him and hugged his hurt body lightly

I allowed him to cry. That's what he needed. I didn't blame him for doing so, I mean after all he was right. He is extremely lucky he is still alive and nothing is severely wrong with him. I teared up just at the thought of the impact that must have made on him.

"It's not our fault..." he kept saying through sobs.

"Shhh I know.. I know" I soothed calmly.

After about ten minutes of holding him I let him go and noticed he had fell asleep.

He was so exhausted from crying he fell asleep. And that broke my heart even more. I kissed his forehead slightly and started walking away slowly when I realized the toy duck I had given him earlier was clenched is his hands.

I smiled softly to myself and walked out of the room, making sure to close the door quietly as I exited his quiet, motionless room.

Abigail greeted me with the biggest look of disappointment ever. She tried to brush past me when I stopped her.

"Nows not a good time Abby.."

She frowned "No it's my turn to see him!"

"Abby seriously no" I say trying to keep my temper down.

"Well why the hell not!" She whined

"Because god damn it he's sleeping. Let him rest." I said angrily shoving her back a bit.

Before anything could escalate I was grabbed my mike.

Abigail however wasn't restrained at all. She came back up on me and spit right in my face. Thats when I started seeing red. I shoved mikes grip off of me and Abigail and I began going at it. I shoved her to the wall and pinned her by her throat. She ofcourse didn't just take that. She kicked my knee causing me to let go, I quickly pulled her by her hair and hanged her head into the wall over and over again.

I was grabbed again, instead more force was applied to keeping me down. I kicked and screamed trying to get back at Abigail again.

But she was grabbed by guard number one.

Mike looked down at me and shook his head "let's get you out of here."

----------

He led us to the stairs and escorted the both of us out of the hospital.

We had to go through the lobby, I tried hiding my face but it was no use. The paparazzi was just waiting for me to come back.

I made eye contact with Jeffrey who furrowed his eyebrows together

"What the hell?!" He called out chasing after me.

Talk about being embarrassed.