Hold me

Making it to the garage, I see Addy storming to the car, I smile slightly at the sight of her waddling, I let out a little chuckle and she turns around

"What do you want?" She asks lowly facing me fully, wrapping a hand around her belly.

I throw my hands up "whoa whoa I'm not here to be an asshole"

"That's a first"

I sigh and bow my head "what are you planning on doing Addy? I mean look" I point to the opening in the garage "the sky is so dark it's almost black and it's about to start hailing soon please come back inside.." I plead walking a bit closer.

"So?"

"Soo! That means get your ass back inside" I say firmly.

She scoffs and makes her way to the car "don't"

"Don't what huh?" I yell "I ain't asking you I'm telling you, get your ass over here and stop playing with me"

"Or what?" She challenges quirking an eyebrow at me. As if this is all just some sort of game.

"Or what?" I echo. Laughing sarcastically I shrug "Listen doll I'm not here to play these games with you." I'm face to face with her, a few inches apart, I reach out for her in which she rejects.

"You can't make me stay"

"And where will you go huh?" I ask stepping up "you're not going anywhere, now I suggest you go ahead and come with me or I will drag you and so help me god-"

"Drag me?" She laughs "I bet you can't even pick me up"

"Don't question me Addison Nicole."

She sighs and crosses her arms, the hail falls now, I can tell because of the sounds I'm hearing from the metal beams of the garage. The wind is heavy now, as if this is some damn horror scene.

"Addy come the fuck on" I say angrily now. In no mood for her childish games

She doesn't respond instead she turns and walks to the car

"God damn it!" I yell out.

I charge after her and scoop her up in my arms, causing her to gasp.

"Jeff!" She screams slapping my shoulder "let. Me. Go."

"No! Okay? I'm not letting you go out in this weather with my unborn babies. No fucking way. You can be pissy but you can be pissy at me in the bedroom."

She gives up fighting and lays limply in my arms.

We make it to the elevator and I hold her until the metal doors open. I walk in slowly and set her down carefully, taking a deep breath in I press the penthouse level and wait.

"You didn't have to come get me" She finally says softly, looking straight.

"I did though." Is all I could manage to say.

We make it back to the penthouse and Addy doesn't say a single word to me, she storms off into the room and I trudge over to my recliner.

Once again I flip on the tv and soon let the sound take me away

30 mins past and I'm out, until I feel a slight tap on my shoulder.

I open my eyes to see Addison standing before me.

"Yes?" I yawn out rubbing my eyes

"Please come to bed with me" she says softly "please"

I roll over and pick up my phone checking the time

"How long have I been asleep?"

The time read 8:00 PM I gasp at the time and look over to Addy who seemed a bit worried.

"What's wrong pumpkin?" I ask getting out of the recliner and taking her in my arms

"I just want to go to bed. I don't wanna talk about it I just wanna sleep." She says quickly into my chest.

"Mkay" I let her go and we walk to the bedroom, I take off my shirt and plop down on the bed.

Addy makes her way to the other side and lays down

She turns to face me and sniffles

"I think I wanna move back in with my mom" she spoke quickly.

My eyes widened "what?" I ask in disbelief "w-why?"

She takes a deep breath in "Maybe I'm just.. not for you"

"What the hell are you talking about Addy?"

"I just feel like I'm making you so unhappy Jeffrey. We aren't like we used to be anymore.. we aren't spontaneous-"

"That's what happens when you have to grow up Addison. We have babies coming there's no time to be spontaneous" I say sighing rubbing my head in confusion as to where Addison could just all of a sudden change.

"No I know, I know.. I just don't want you to be bored or-or get tired of me and leave me.."

"So what you're leaving me?" I question angrily

There's a slight pause and the tone of the conversation escalated

"No. I don't want to leave you"

"Then what is it you want huh?"

She sighs and takes my hand in hers "tell me what we need to do.. what we should do"

I sit up and shake my head trying my hardest not to cry"I-I don't have all the answers Addy"

Fuck, a couple tears fall. I quickly wipe them away and look away from her.

"No no no please" she quickly gets on me and holds me "I don't want this to scare you I'm just so lost with myself mentally that I just don't want to loose you" she says tracing my chest lightly.

"You don't want me anymore" I say nearly above a whisper not daring to look her in the eyes.

"Jeff.." she places a kiss on my cheek and holds onto me even tighter "of course I still want you.. I just want to find myself too.."

I nod and finally make eye contact with her, she seems torn. She's definitely questioning what she's saying but I know deep down this is what she wants and I can't want will not keep it from her.

"For how long?"

"Just until the babies are born" she shifts and straddles my waist making me look at her. "That's only a couple weeks"

I smile slightly "you're right.. maybe a couple weeks will help you"

She nods and smiles "I'm not doing this to hurt you or to leave you, I promise that's the last thing I want"

I nod "when do you plan on leaving?"

"Morning" she says, silence fell and I nod.

She gets off of me and snuggles up right next to me, it's still silent. I don't know what she wants, do I put my arm around her and then seem like an ass because she wanted space? Or do I just lay here and let her lay all up on me and not even acknowledge it.

She takes my arm and puts it across her waist

"Please just hold me"