Chapter 73: Penthouse Pauper

"Even if she is...what does that have to do with us? Billy's working for his brother anyway!" Christy exclaimed, following me into Shaun's bedroom.

"Goodnight pumpkin," I cooed, choosing to ignore Christy.

"I say we go find out," Julia appeared next to Christy in the doorframe, smirking triumphantly.

Cocking an eyebrow in surprise, I slowly stood tall and pushed myself back away from Shaun's crib, "You shitting me?"

"What? You think I can't roll with the big dogs?" Julia asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"Ah... fuck, doesn't this all sound to familiar?" Christy huffed, nodding over at me.

"She can't be..." I mumbled, closing Shaun's door behind me and leading Julia and Christy back downstairs.

"Meg's a hot mess since her and Jack split up... let her do her thing." Christy sighed.

"Billy is putting his fucking life on the line trying to get us all out of this shit," I hissed, "In case you might have fuckin' forgot, he only helped this prick to get you and I out of fuckin' jail."

"How could I forget?" Christy snapped back.

"So what? Your guys' loser friend started fuckin' this Rafael guy's little brother?" Julia asked, rolling her eyes.

Nodding, I began to slip on a pair of basic black combat boots that I've only ever worn once. Who the fuck wears these for fun? Not I. For fashion? Once. Wasn't my cup of fuckin' tea. But, be that as it may, these bad boys would get shit done if I needed them to... and well... they're gonna get shit done tonight.

"Why did you bring this bitch over, Amber?" Christy asked as she glared over at Julia. "All judgemental and shit, she doesn't fuckin' get this life."

"Oh yeah? Fuck me for having an honest job and a drug free life, right?" Julia retorted.

"And I don't?"

"What do you do? Besides snorting blow and getting railed by anything with a cock between his legs?"

Taken back, Christy scoffed, "I work at the Four Roses! I pay my fuckin' bills."

"I rest my case." Julia sighed.

"You two done?" I asked, standing up and stretching my back.

They both stopped their bickering, glared at each other and nodded.

"Good... so... which one of you is staying here to watch Shaun?" I asked.

"I'm coming along." Julia stated firmly.

Christy shifted her eyes between Julia and I, starting to chuckle, "Well, it sure the fuck ain't gonna be me. Fuck I look like? Mary Poppins?"

"Cmon..." I sighed in frustration, rolling my eyes.

"Fuck sakes... fine." She agreed in defeat.

Smirking, I nudged her in the shoulder, "I still love you... bestie."

"Yeah, I bet you do." Christy snarled, nudging me back.

"Oh look, you're doing something for once," Julia nodded over at Christy.

"Bitch fuck-"

"I'll be right back," I chuckled, leaving the two of them downstairs to argue amongst themselves.

Once I was in my bedroom, I quietly shut the door behind me and flicked on the light. Swallowing the hard lump that had formed in my throat, I made my way over to the closet. Sighing, I pulled out a super ugly pink purse I had that I never used because it was flat out ugly.