Chapter 20: Playing With Fire

"Yo Billy, got a minute?" Heco called out at Billy who was just coming back from his second trip from selling under the bridge with Tommy.

Billy exhaled a tired, agitated sigh as he set down the empty green back pack on a metal table where Baggy was bagging up cocaine on, "What?" Billy asked flatly as he watched Bodie stare at Heco and scratch the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"What?" He repeated.

"Spink ran into one of those pricks from B-street" Heco started to explain.

"They jump you?" Billy asked, looking over at Spink who was loading up drugs to go sell in an alley way.

"Nah..." Spink replied dully, wincing slightly. "But he said he sold to Joe and Christy, Billy."

Billy became tense and stood tall, scanning the room looking for Joe, "Where the fuck is Joe?"

"He's at home..." Baggy replied reluctantly since the others weren't going to.

"He's suppose to be working." Billy stated flatly, his anger starting to rise.

"Yeah..." Bodie started, glancing over at Heco who held out an $100 bill at Billy.

"This is all Joe made before he dropped the rest of the coke off... he light bagged us." Heco cut straight to the point.

Billy's jaw tightened and his nostrils flared as his blood boiled, "How much."

"About $250 worth..." Bodie replied quietly.

Billy knew better than to show up back at Bone's shop tomorrow $250.00 shorter than he was suppose to be. Billy had cut Joe and Christy right off - no one was to sell to them and Joe definitely was to stay sober and not snort any of the cocaine that he was meant to be selling. Billy had been played for a fool by his own brother who know's damn well what their father is capable of and what he will do if his own sons rip him off. Now Joe and his bitch are buying from B-street? and still stealing from Billy?

"Fucking little snake thinks he's gonna steal from me?" Billy seethed as he ripped out his wallet and threw down $300 on the table to make up for what Joe had stolen.

"Jamie's out running Joe's spot. Tommy's under the bridge. Jack's at home - and says Joe ain't there. Dog's out running his spot. Spink is heading back to sell where he was earlier. Where do you want us?" Baggy asked Billy, in hopes of changing the subject.

"We're gonna go see Joe." Billy replied coolly as he turned and stormed off.

Heco, Baggy and Bodie all winced as they stared at each other before shrugging and following behind Billy.

-----------------------------------------

The music was loud and the large bar we were now being pushed through was crowded. I could scream for help but people would either ignore me and assume I'm just drunk and obnoxious or they wouldn't hear me, that's how loud the music was in here. At first I thought I was being kidnapped but neither of these two men gave off that kidnapping vibe and if they were kidnapping us, why the hell would they bring us to a bar/club?

Christy had tapped a small bump of cocaine out of her baggy that she got from Zack onto the back of her hand and snorted it while we were driving here. She literally had no shame to her game. She didn't even really seem fazed by any of this! Sure, at first she was swearing and wondering why they were forcing us into the back of their SUV but she soon got over that. I'm still slightly scared, who know's what they're going to do? Well... then again, I could kick this guy in the nuts and disappear into this huge crowd of people. But noooo... I have to be the mature one here and babysit Christy - again. She better not get me killed for her God damn cocaine habit.