Chapter 31: Date Night

Even though I haven't gained any weight yet... I still feel uncomfortable standing here all dressed up just to go for pizza and a movie with an insanely cute guy that I met at the diner I work at. Wow, that sounds worse each time I say it in my head. I mean, afterall, I am a pregnant woman who just recently broke up with my ex gang leader boyfriend. Yup, there it is. I'm white trash.

Okay, maybe I'm not white trash but seriously, what the hell am I doing right now? This guy might just have a weird hard on for pregnant women. I don't know if that's actually a thing but I'm pretty sure it's probably a category under some porn site. Mmm sexy. Pregnant tattooed brunette... Totally every guys fantasy.

Screw this, I'm going home.

"Amber?" Charlie called out from behind me, causing me to stop from walking away.

"Hey... There you are..." I chuckled nervously.

"Sorry that took so long, had some things to do." He smiled.

I shrugged, "No worries, I'm surprised you even showed up."

"Why's that?"

"Well," I paused, glancing at him as we began to walk along the side walk together. "I am pregnant, after all..."

"I know."

"You're okay with that?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Is this some type of weird fetish because I am not about that life." I stated boldly.

Charlie chuckled and shook his head in disbelief, "No, Amber. It's not a weird fetish. I just think you're gorgeous, couldn't pass up the chance to take you out. Pregnant or not."

My cheeks flushed fifty shades of pink and I felt my hands become clammy. Charlie just stared at me in amusement as we made our way to a nearby restaurant. I don't know what it was, but I felt like I was being watched for the longest time. I tried my hardest not to appear obvious every time that I would check over my shoulder, expecting to see a black mustang with red tribal markings... but I knew deep down that wouldn't be a possibility at this point.

"You weren't kidding when you said 'all you can eat'." I nodded towards the sign outside of the restaurant that read 'all you can eat'.

Charlie shrugged, "You wanna go somewhere else?"

"No, this is fine." I replied with a small smile. "Pizza is bae."

"Bae?" Charlie cocked an eyebrow up.

"You know? Like 'babe' but er... internet like." I winced.

"Why not just say babe then?" Charlie asked.

"Well, then it's not cool..." I replied dully.

Charlie laughed as he held the door open for me, "I suppose that's a fair enough answer."

My mouth fell agape and my heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach as my eyes scanned the busy restaurant, landing on Baggy and Ramona sitting at a table in the far left corner of the room. It was like time slowed right down as I watched Charlie ask for a table all while Ramona slowly looked up from her menu and over at me. Baggy must have caught her gaze because he slowly raised his head up to look at Ramona before slowly turning his head to see what it was she was looking at weirdly.

Gulping, I grabbed Charlie by the wrist and spun him around, leading him out of the restaurant as fast as I possibly could. Once we were outside, I dropped his arm and paced around the parking lot, hoping to God that Baggy hadn't just seen me with another guy, especially pregnant while I'm pregnant with his leader's child.