Chapter 66: Bad Penny

When I awoke, Billy was just about to leave. Shaun was awake, and naturally I changed, fed, and then bathed him before I started my day. I spent most of the morning cleaning and chugging back Redbull energy drinks in order to keep myself awake. Luckily for me, Shaun was in a good mood and peacefully watching his baby einstein videos, so I was able to get a lot of the cleaning done. It also helped that both Megan and Jack stuck around to hang out with Shaun and take care of him so that I was able to get stuff done for tonight's dinner party and wedding announcement.

Billy was in and out of the house all morning, causing me to become aggravated. I knew better than to start with him or question him about what the fuck was going on. Instead, I kept my mouth shut and took my frustrations out on the scrub brush that I used to scrub the floors until they fucking sparkled. I don't know how some people are able to sit still when they're pissed off, stressed, or sad. Cleaning has to be one of the best ways to help with all of that. Then again, so is screaming your head off and throwing some right hooks until you feel better.

My cleaning rampage came to an end around noon when Billy left for the millionth time - taking Jack with him this time, and Christy showed up with groceries. The sides of her head were freshly buzzed and her bangs were backcombed and pinned back while her extensions and the rest of her hair were pulled back in a tight ponytail. I knew she hadn't been to sleep yet, and if she had, she definitely had just woke up not too long ago. I knew this because of how she was dressed, wearing sweats, a hoodie, and silver aviator sunglasses. That was code for "Don't fuck with me, I'm hungover - but not hungover enough to leave the house without my precious hair being done - hungover".

"Sup cunts?" Christy laughed cynically, dropping the bags of groceries down onto the kitchen table.

"You partied all night and you're here at noon... with groceries?!" Megan gasped, causing Christy to roll her eyes.

"I was up at ten, ready by eleven and done grocery shopping before noon, for your information," Christy drawled.

Megan smirked, "New boo kicked you out early huh?"

"No," Christy growled, "He came with me AND dropped me off here."

"New boo?" I questioned, coming into the kitchen, spraying fabreeze into the air.

Christy waved her hand in front of her face, "Jesus, Mrs. Clean, lay off with that shit."

"It smells good," I shrugged, "Now who's the new boo?"

"You go through more men than I go through tampons..." Megan muttered, leaving the kitchen to go see why Shaun was fussing.

"Sorry, I'm still HURTING" Christy called out, emphasizing the 'hurting'.

"Well?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her suspiciously.

"He's just a dude," Christy replied shortly, biting the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from cracking a sly smirk.

"Who is it now?"

"You don't know him,"

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"Well?"

"I met him at work,"

I put the fabreeze down on the table and frowned, "Oh God Christy... You met him at The Four Roses?"

"Don't you be judging me, your ass met Billy there!" She giggled.

I frowned again, "Yeah but you were already dating his brother!"

"She dates everyone's brother," Megan called out from the livingroom.

"I'm grieving over Joe! Suck my tits!" Christy shouted back.