Chapter 52: Cemetery Gates

My mouth fell agape and my throat became dry as I thought about my answer. The fact that I actually thought that none of this shit from my past would eventually catch up to me, is ludicrous. Shane didn't even like his own mother - she was abusive and controlling and not to mention, an alcoholic who only cares about getting a bottle for the night. I've only ever met this bitch a few times, all of those times she was unbelievably ignorant towards me.

"Is that my grand baby I saw you saying goodbye to outside?" She asked snidely, folding her arms across her chest.

Rolling my eyes, I headed towards the door, "No, that isn't actually. Now excuse me."

"You're not going anywhere," She hissed through gritted teeth, grabbing me by the upper arm, "Where the fuck is Shane?! I haven't heard from him in months!"

"I don't know, you stupid old bitch," I growled, yanking my arm free from her grip, "In case you didn't know, your son and I broke up almost a year ago and I moved away."

"Oh, I know. I know all about you, you little tramp. You left my son here heartbroken and now you're back in town with some bastard kid and your slut of a mother, to top it off." She snarled in disgust.

"Liz..." I started in a low but warning tone, "If you don't get the fuck out of my way-"

"What are you gonna do? You think I'm scared of some scrawny little tramp?" She laughed, "Fuck right off."

"Get the fuck out of my way... NOW" I shouted, clenching my jaw.

"Oh right! I heard! you must be in a hurry!" She fake exclaimed, "Daddy's about to croak! Who are you gonna bum off of now? You're not with Shane anymore and your Daddy is about-"

She didn't get a chance to finish her sentence because I threw my sweater down onto the floor and grabbed hold of her by her scrawny, leathery from too much tanning neck and slammed her up against a closed bathroom stall. I was so mad that I was seeing red and obviously not thinking straight because when I slammed her up against the stall door, we went flying into the stall and Liz landed roughly against the toilet.

She grabbed at my hair as she regained her balance and slammed me up against the wall of the stall. A broken tampon/pad dispenser that was barely hanging up on the wall by a thread, fell to the floor and a couple used tampons slid out and touched Liz's sandaled feet. She growled in disgust before receiving one of my boney knees dead center of her crotch.

"OOF!"

Liz hunched over for a second, giving me a chance to grab her by the shoulders and literally throw her out of the bathroom stall, down onto the dirty un-kept bathroom floor. Liz pulled her knee to her chest and extended her leg out to kick me in the face as I charged at her. Luckily for me, I covered my face with my arms as she did so, preventing her from succeeding in booting me the face.

Dropping to me knees beside her, I pulled my right arm back and slammed my fist into the side of her face. My anger had caused me to literally "black out". I continued to punch Liz in the face until my punches slowed down as I grew tired, giving Liz the advantage to claw at my neck, wrists, and hand. She eventually somehow managed to shove me back off of her, kicking me in the chest and sending me flying back into the stall.

As my back collided with the porcelain toilet bowl, I winced and stared up at the ceiling, panting as I tried to catch my breath and calm myself down.

"You fucking little cunt!" She screamed, jumping up to her feet and charging at me with her arms extended.

My eyes widened as she wrapped her bony hands around my throat and applied pressure. I knew she wasn't going to 'kill me' if anything she was probably just going to strangle me a little until I almost pass out. Unfortunately for her... I'm not going to let that happen.