Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers

Beep. Beep. Beep

Aggravation set in as the sound of my alarm clock going off rang through my ears. I had finally forced myself to sleep only a few hours ago after a long night...er... morning of throwing up and having the whiskey spins. Why is my alarm set to go off so late anyhow? It has to be sometime in the afternoon.

"Shut... up..." I groaned as I placed my pillow over my head and reached out for my alarm, silencing it.

After a few moments of trying to go back to sleep and failing, I gave up and sat up in bed. Blinking a few times as my eyes tried to focus on the red numbers on my alarm clock. I sighed deeply as I realized it was already 5:30 pm. I don't even remember getting home or getting into bed. All I remember is this morning, flying out of bed and out of my room, straight into the bathroom and throwing up so bad that I was even dry heaving. It's official... I'm never drinking again.

"Christy?" I called out softly before waiting for a response.

Nothing.

"Are you awake?" I asked in a groggy tone as I swung my legs out from under my blankets and kicked my legs over the edge of my bed.

"Christy?" I called out again as I slowly made my way over to my door.

I placed my hand on my doorknob but never opened the door. Instead I placed my ear against the door and listened closely. The sound of Joan Jett's "I hate myself for loving you" was blasted from Christy's stereo that's out in the living room AND the sound of a female's voice drunken singing it as loud as she could. I cocked an eyebrow and pulled the door open. My eyes clamped shut as the light nearly blinded me.

"Christy- Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed, startled at the fact that some random girl was sitting on the floor, her back against the couch and a bottle of whiskey in her hand.

The girl looked up at me and smirked slightly, "Did I scare you?"

I shrugged and folded my arms over my chest as I leaned against the wall. The girl had long jet black hair, black and white tattoos up and down her arms and knuckle tattoo. Much like mine, except I only had my right sleeve outline tattooed. I'm not one to be big on colored tattoos, but this girl rocked it. She was petite like me but maybe an inch or two shorter than I was. She had piercing baby blue eyes and was generally a good looking girl. She almost looked familiar but I couldn't place her.

"I take it you don't remember me helping you last night, huh?" She asked before taking a swig from her whiskey which almost made me cringe. The sight of whiskey is now so revolting that it's not even funny.

"You threw up so much this morning that I thought Christy was going to have to call an ambulance for you." She giggled.

So that's why this girl is so familiar... I have met her.

Sighing loudly, I made my way over to the couch and sat down. I ran my fingers through my messy hair as I reached for a pack of cigarettes that was laying on top of the coffee table. The girl burped before sighing and screwing the cap back on the whiskey bottle and sitting up straight. I quickly lit the end of my cigarette and inhaled deeply. Hopefully this cigarette doesn't make me throw up any worse than I already have today. Finally, the song ended and a softer but catchy song started to play. Genesis's "That's All".

"What's with the depressing love songs?" I asked before exhaling smoke out of my mouth.

"Wow.. you really don't remember anything from last night do you?" She asked with wide eyes. "Well for one... I'll introduce myself again... I'm Megan and I'm crashing with you and Christy for now because me and my boyfriend of five years, Jack, broke up due to his stupid music 'career'."