Chapter 2: New Beginning

The sound of loud music thumping throughout mine and Christy's apartment woke me up in an abrupt manner. Since I had arrived in Boston at sunrise this morning, I spent literally my whole morning sleeping when I should have been out looking for a job. Yawning, I reluctantly sat up on my elbows and looked over at the nightstand beside my tiny single bed. 12:30 pm. Groaning, I pushed my blankets off of me and swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stretched as I yawned once more.

"Christy?" I called out.

My bedroom door swung open and the music that was blasted throughout the apartment suddenly became louder as Christy stood in my doorway, holding onto the door frame with one hand and the doorknob with her other hand. Her long dark brown hair appeared to be freshly dyed and the sides of her head were shaved but since her hair was down and not up in her infamous long hawk-pony tail, she just looked funny.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Christy greeted sarcastically.

I snickered, "Morning, nice hair."

"Fuck off," Christy giggled, "It'll look better once I style it." 

"I sure hope so." I giggled, standing up and staggering over to my purse, grabbing my pack of cigarettes and pulling one out of the pack before tossing the smoke pack back in my purse and staggering like a zombie back over to my bed.

"I tried to cook lunch... but... since I ain't about that life... I accidentally added too much salt and pepper that I can hear the food singing 'push it', literally." Christy stated sarcastically, a smirk across her face as she plopped down on my bed beside me, handing me the ashtray from my nightstand and placing it in between us on the bed.

"Hmmm..." I mumbled as I lit the end of my cigarette and inhaled deeply, making the end of the cigarette turn red as I sucked back. "-That almost sounds delicious at this point. I'm fucking starving." 

"Well, you can eat some of whatever it is I attempted to make... or you could eat at the bar tonight." Christy replied as she laid down on my bed and yawned.

"Bar?" I asked looking over at Christy and cocking an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, the bar I work at. Figured you could use some drinks after finally leaving fuck face. Consider this your belated birthday celebration." Christy said as she reached out for my cigarette so that she could have a drag.

I shrugged, "Yeah, why not?"

"Amber..." Christy sighed, "Cheer the fuck up, seriously. You're never like this... Fuck Shane, he ain't ever going to hurt you again. I promise."

I flashed her a weak smile as she handed me back my cigarette, "Yeah?"

"Yeah." She replied firmly. "My boyfriend and his friends would deal with him right away if he ever came here looking for you."

"Speaking of which... when do I get to meet this infamous Joe character you've been telling me about?" I asked, putting my cigarette out in the ashtray and setting the ashtray back on the nightstand.

"He stopped by earlier but your ass was out like a lamp. So you'll meet him tonight at The Four Roses." Christy stated, sitting up and yawning yet once again.

"Four Roses?" I asked confirming the name of the bar that I would be meeting her at later tonight.

Christy nodded, "Four Roses."

"Alright. I'll text you this evening and we can meet there if you're not home when I get back." I said as I walked over to my suitcase, opening it and finding some clean clothes to wear after my shower that I planned to have in the next few minutes.