Chapter 11: Different Kind of Hero

Shane gulped as he quickly dug into his jeans and pulled out the switchblade. I winced at the sound of the switchblade springing open, knowing that at any moment he was going to either slit my throat or press the sharp blade against the flesh on my throat. Sure enough, he pressed it against my throat, applying pressure. Anymore and he would have drawn blood.

"I'll fucking kill her. Beat it." Shane threatened.

Billy, being Billy - not one to ever be intimidated, given the fact that he's a feared gang leader - stomped over towards us. I shut my eyes tight, waiting for the blade to slide across my neck. Thanks Billy. Thanks for not listening to someone who's holding me hostage and threatening to kill me. Oh and thanks for breaking my door. You've been a real pal!

Billy was wearing dark washed jeans, black biker boots, a black long sleeve shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows and his infamous silver cross necklace dangled from around his neck. His eyes were wild with anger, his jaw clenched so tight that you could see the muscles in his face, his chest heaving in and out as he took long strides towards us. He was enraged to say the very least.

A small whimper escaped my lips as Shane took a few steps back, pulling me with him by my hair. Billy reached behind him and pulled out a shiny silver pistol, cocking it and aiming it up eye level with both Shane and I. My knees trembled and I forced myself to refrain from collapsing as Shane shook and pulled the knife away from my throat. The grip he had on my hair loosened and Shane slowly took another step back away from me.

The screen door on the balcony was yanked open and in piled all of Billy's boys followed by Christy, Joe, Megan and Jack. Billy stormed past me, hooking his arm around me before shoving me over towards Christy who ran at me, arms wide open as she pulled me into a tight hug. Not caring if I appeared weak or not, I began to sob into Christy's shoulder. Christy caressed my back and started to cry herself. For awhile now I've felt as if Christy was no longer the Christy I've known for years - my best friend. Now I feel stupid, of course she's still my best friend and of course she still does care about me. Christy is an addict, whether I like to admit that or not, she needs help. As much as she pisses me off, I'm not about to abandon her just because she's been cold towards me lately.

Shane's eyes widened as he glanced at all of the people who had just piled inside of the apartment before glancing back over at the end of Billy's gun that was now pressed against Shane's temple. Billy's boys all surrounded behind Shane, trapping him. Shane's face fell and he began to shake like a scared puppy. Billy turned his head and glanced over at me, his gaze on me felt like he was staring a hole right through me. Billy turned his back over to Shane and applied more pressure on the gun pressed against Shane's forehead.

"You're in my fucking end of the sewer now, Buddy." Billy stated loudly, finally speaking.

Megan and Jack both ran up to Christy and I, taking hold of both of us and leading us out the balcony and away from the apartment building. I inhaled a shaky breathe as I peered back at the apartment from over my shoulder. Jack was the only one who caught me glancing back there. He reassured me that everything was going to be okay and that we had to go. I swallowed a lump in my throat and nodded agreeing with him.

"I told you what was going to happen if he ever came after you." Christy whispered as she took me by the wrist and led me towards Jack's car.

Megan stared up at Jack and they both winced before turning and looking at Christy, "Is baldy gonna pop Shane?"

"If he doesn't, I'm going to." Christy hissed.

But before any more questions could be asked or anything more could be said, Shane was literally tossed out onto the grass. His shirt was ripped near the collar and blood was gushing from his nose, but he was alive, thankfully. I know he's a prick and literally probably would have killed me if it weren't for Billy kicking my door in and stopping him, but I'm not about to have someone murdered because of me, even if they do deserve it. But judging by how fast he's running to his vehicle, tells me he got quite the beating inside and that he wouldn't be bothering me anymore unless he has a death wish.