Chapter 32: The Worst Part of You, ...Is Me.

"So you really didn't have sex with Charlie?" Christy pressed, pulling into a empty parking space in front of an ice cream parlour.

I sighed loudly and turned my head to look at her, "No, for the last time. I just kissed him."

"Okay! Okay! Fine. I'll stop, I just had to be sure..." Christy murmured, digging into her purse.

"Way to question everything I do!" I hissed in annoyance.

Christy shrugged as she opened her wallet, still not looking up at me, "You can't turn a hoe into a housewife over night."

"Clearly." I grumbled.

"Fuck..." Christy mumbled. "I forgot to get my money from Sammy."

"I'll pay for you, let's just go in." I replied, staring at her with wide eyes.

"No... he promised me cash." Christy explained, pausing and wincing as we finally made eye contact. "Do you mind if we go... or do you want me to drop you off at home first....?"

"Fuck that, I can handle going there with you. I'll stay in the car." I assured her.

"But what if-"

"I don't care. I'll be in the car."

Christy sighed in defeat, "Okay... I promise it'll be a quick in and out."

I exhaled a shaky breathe and sat back in my seat. Christy could clearly tell that this was a risky thing to do, bringing me around the Four Roses when there's a 50/50 chance Billy is there right now. Christy put her key back in the ignition and started her shit rocket, glancing at me as she put the car in reverse and slowly backed out of the parking space before peeling off.

My mind was all over the place, my heart was pounding against my chest and I felt extremely nervous as I rested the side of my face against the window, noticing the familiar buildings outside, telling me that we were getting closer and closer to the Four Roses.

An empty feeling came over me as Christy slowly pulled in the parking lot, parking as far away from the doors as she could. My eyes scanned all of the parked cars, landing on Billy's. Gulping, I turned my attention away from the car and just stared out my window, staring at a random piece of trash blowing in the wind.

Christy winced as she turned the car off, turning in her seat and staring at me awkwardly, "I'll be quick."

"I'm fine." I reassured her.

Christy nodded and placed her hand on the door handle, "Five minutes, tops. I promise."

"Go." I insisted, watching as Christy scrambled to get out of the car and watching as she jogged across the parking lot and headed inside of the bar.

Sucking my teeth, I pursed my lips and stared down at my freshly painted red nails. Who was I becoming? Any other time my nails would be short and chewed from my nervousness and coated with chipped black nail polish. I ran my tongue across the inside of my bottom lip, feeling the scar tissue of where my snake bite lip rings use to be before pressing my tongue against the inside of my cheek and pulling down the visor to stare at myself. The girl looking back at me was someone I wasn't sure I recognized.

I was stronger now than I was when I first moved here - both physically and mentally. My black locks were now lightened to a brunette colour, my lip rings gone and my makeup done properly and not dark as I use to do it. Not only has my appearance changed... but so has my life.

Sighing to myself, I closed the visor and stared out the window. My eyes instantly landed on Jennifer and Billy. My blood boiled and my eyes narrowed into a cold, hard glare. Billy appeared to have just walked out from inside the bar to grab another pack of cigarettes from inside of his car when Jennifer climbed her skanky ass out of her piece of shit car and immediately rushing over to Billy.