Chapter 13: Mama, I'm in love with a criminal

"Wow... it's busy tonight." Ramona stated in disbelief as she pulled up into a parking space. Megan was in the passenger seat and I was sitting in the backseat, drinking from the bottle straight. I had convinced both of them that the only way I was going to be able to walk into the bar dressed like this. I didn't even feel like myself considering I no longer look like myself... well, if anything, I now look like a better version of myself. I don't know. Whiskey's good.

"You better take it easy back there. Remember the first day I met you? You were puking so much that Christy and I were going to call an ambulance." Megan giggled as she looked back at me from the front seat.

I rolled my eyes, "I know.. I know. Don't worry, I got this!" I reassured her, pounding on the back of her seat to indicate that I wanted her to let me out.

Megan smirked and climbed out of the car, "No puking, no fights and hopefully no jail time for you again." She joked as she let me out of the car.

"Like I said-" I started, climbing out from the backseat of the car and staggering a little as I the whiskey hit me. I snorted with laughter as Megan and I stared at each other. It's official, I'm buzzed. "- I got this."

Ramona shook her head as she jined us, "Come on Annie Alcoholic. Let's go find Christy."

I nodded and followed behind Megan and Ramona. My eyes scanned the parking lot, hoping to find Billy's car. A disappointed feeling took over me as I realized it wasn't here. I wasn't sure why I was so upset and why I even bothered to hope that he'd be here tonight. After all, I did just see him yesterday evening when he dropped me off for work. But... I missed him. Even though I shouldn't care, I do. What is wrong with me? I came here looking to start new for myself and not get involved with anyone, especially not a gang leader. Exactly! What am I doing? Looks like I almost slipped and fell into some feelings. I better brush that shit off.

The familiar sound of roaring engine exhaust made my thoughts come to a sudden halt as Billy's car whipped by us and pulled up near towards the bar. My heart sunk as I watched Billy slowly climb out of his car, a cigarette between his lips as he slowly stood tall. He sucked back on his cigarette as he fixed the collar of his leather jacket before pulling the cigarette out from his lips, letting the smoke exit his mouth slowly.

Billy casually strutted towards his group of boys standing outside the bar doors, smoking cigarettes and joints. My eyes landed on Christy who was clung to Joe like he was going to go somewhere or something. The closer we got, the more nervous I became. Sighing, I stopped dead in my tracks and grabbed Megan by the arm, stopping her.

"What's wrong?" Megan asked with a face full of concern.

Ramona stopped and turned around to face us. I watched as she glanced at Billy and then back over at me, figuring out why I was so nervous and why I had just came to a sudden halt. Ramona smirked and dug into her purse for the bottle of Jack Daniels that I had been drinking in the backseat of her car on the way here. Ramona unscrewed the lid and handed me the bottle. Megan smirked, nodding her head up and down as she too realized that I needed a shot of whiskey before I approached Billy and the others.

I closed my eyes as I chugged back the whiskey, trying not to gag from the burning sensation of the whiskey hitting the back of my throat. I gasped as I yanked the bottle away from my lips and stood still, making sure that I didn't throw up from chugging all the whiskey I just drank.

"Why am I so nervous?!" I asked myself out loud.

"Why are you so nervous?" Ramona asked suspiciously.

Megan snorted as she took the bottle from me and handed it back to Ramona, "I can think of a reason. Ohhhh Billy..." Megan mocked me in a moaning, whiny voice.