Chapter 29: Ten Weeks

It's been exactly a month since I told Billy that I was pregnant and I've went out of my way to avoid him like the plague. After I gathered my thoughts that night, I immediately went back to "our" apartment and gathered my belongings and moved back to Christy's, but given the fact that Megan and Jack took over my room when I moved out, I'm now crashing on the uncomfortable pull out couch. I quit the Four Roses and I'm now working at a small waffle house like diner. Christy still works at the bar and I can tell how awkward she becomes when I ask her how Billy's doing. He hasn't tried to call, text or anything. He really is just like his father.

"What can I get you today?" I mumbled out a question, not looking up at the person who had just sat down on the stool in front of me.

"Coffee would be nice." A males voice replied.

I stared up and smiled weakly, "Black?"

"Sure." He replied with a smile.

He had blonde slicked back hair, facial hair like Billy's but a little bit longer and blue eyes. He was wearing a black pull over hoodie and a pair of dark washed jeans. He was sitting down but I'm going to assume that he's about 6"1, an inch shorter than Billy. God why am I comparing everything to Billy? Besides the obvious reason that I miss him terribly.

I placed the cup of coffee down in front of the man and smiled briefly, going back to stacking creamers. I could sense his eyes staring at me, which made me blush multiple shades of red. He was extremely handsome and I felt nervous in his presence.

"Excuse me, Miss?"

"Yes?" I asked, slightly shaking my head trying to focus.

"Could I get a menu too, please?" He asked softly, flashing me a white smile.

I nodded, handing him a menu. He took the menu from me, glanced down at it and then back up at me and chuckled. I chewed on my bottom lip absent mindedly, waiting for him to tell me what he wanted to order.

"It all sounds so good." He stated with a chuckle.

"Meh..." I shrugged, "If you like overpriced eggs and bacon, then yeah. Sounds super good."

A smirk cracked from the corners of his lips as we made eye contact and my eyes widened from realization of what I had just said to a customer. I gasped slightly and he just continued to smile at me in amusement.

"I-I- I mean, uh..."

"It's okay, you're probably right." He chuckled.

I felt stupid and humiliated. How could I possibly say that in front of a customer? Maybe it's because I've been extremely bitchy this past week. My doctor told me my hormones were gonna go loco here pretty soon and I was still experiencing "morning sickness" but it was now more like "You eat anything I don't like, I'm gonna make you throw up - sickness". This baby definitely is just like it's father. Ugh, there I go again... thinking about Billy.

"I'll get some overpriced eggs and bacon." He said with a grin, handing me back the menu.

Nodding, I quickly scribbled down his order on my small notepad and turned on one heel and gave the cook the order. I wanted this shift to be over with so I could go home, eat and rest. My stomach was growling from hunger and my whole entire body was exhausted from the lack of sleep I got last night due to eating Christy's meatloaf which resulted in me being face first in a toilet bowl all night.

A part of me felt like I should go and try and find Billy but another part of me told me not to bother. Bodie tried to give me this bullshit story that Billy loves me too much to put me in the trouble he's about to create, especially now that I'm pregnant with his child... but frankly I think that was just Bodie's bullshit excuse for Billy.