Chapter 65: Come Undone

After we were done at the lighthouse, Billy and I decided to head to a 24 hour diner to get something to eat since our "date" mostly consisted of fucking in the backseat of his car, the hood of his car, hell... everywhere on that car. Not to mention, he took me by surprise when he declared that we'd be getting married soon.

Billy and I sat across from each other in a booth in the corner of the diner. Me, shoving my face full of eggs and bacon while Billy, who was eating nothing, traced his finger along the ring of his coffee cup as he stared at me with a blank expression as I gulped down my food. In my defense, I hadn't ate all day and it had been a very long time since I've had a good breakfast such as this. Even if it was the middle of the night, I'm enjoying my plate of bacon and eggs.

"So who's that blonde chick that tried to help me escape?" I asked as I swallowed my fork full of food.

"Who? Kori?" Billy asked, lifting a brow as I nodded, "Surprised you don't fuckin know her," Billy replied as I scoffed.

"How would I know who-"

"She's big around these parts." Billy interrupted, "She's Charlie's woman."

Nodding and shrugging I assumed that was all to ask about him considering I knew Billy well enough that he wasn't going to give me the full details about this Kori girl. Especially since she's Charlie's woman... another thing I didn't know about when I slept with him. Strangely enough, I just wanted to continue to enjoy my food and just simply have a normal, rare, but normal conversation with Billy.

"You happy?" Billy asked shortly.

Taken back and at a loss for words, I looked up at him as I set my fork down on my plate and swallowed hard before nodding my head ever so slightly. I should have known that he could sense how off I've been since getting out. Billy stared down at his coffee as I pushed my now empty plate away from me so that the waitress could take it whenever she did decide to come back around to our table. I bit my lip as I waited for Billy to say something, but surprisingly, he didn't.

"What about you? You happy?" I asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Yep," Billy replied before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Let me rephrase that..." I said itching my the back of my neck. "Are you happy with everything?"

"You know me." Billy replied, "I'm good."

"You don't have to act so badass around me..." I muttered, rolling my eyes. "Besides, you don't look all that tough right now anyway."

"That so?" Billy asked cooly.

I smirked, "Not with a neck full of hickeys."

Billy cracked a familiar smirk-almost-smile that could make me melt.

"Sorry 'bout the shirt," Billy said, nodding towards my now ripped tank top caused by his impatience.

"Yeah thanks!" I snorted, almost giggling, "Now I look like some cheap whore that you use to bang."

"Nah, ya look good," Billy mumbled before he took another drink from his coffee, leaning his head back and completely finishing the cup.

"Well, glad you think so..." I mumbled, staring down at my lap.

"This really what you want?" Billy asked, shocking me.

"...Yes" I whispered, uncertainty dripping from my tone. I kept my eyes looking down at my lap to avoid awkward eye contact.

I knew he was questioning me. I knew he was on to me.

Billy sighed and set his cup down on the table. I stared up at him and frowned. It was the truth and I was sorry that I've been having a hard time adjusting to everything. I just got out of jail, not to mention, I just cheated prison time. How can he expect me to come running to him in open arms, excited to return to the same bullshit and raise our son in the same bullshit.