Chapter 12: New Leaf

"Ya comin'?" Billy asked as he made his way back into his bedroom where I was still, sitting on his bed.

"Back to my place?" I asked in a hopeful tone.

Billy ignored me and left the bedroom leaving me sitting there stunned and confused as to what was going on. Why is it so God damn difficult for this guy to give me a straight answer?! Frustrating to say the least. Sighing as usual, I jumped up to my feet and followed behind Billy who was now by the front door waiting for me impatiently.

"Hello?" I hissed as I caught up with Billy and bent down to put on my shoes. Billy lit a cigarette and yanked the cigarette out from between his lips and stared down at me. "What?" I asked as I stood back up.

"Hurry up." He demanded.

I scoffed, "If you're in a hurry I can just walk home."

Billy ignored me and nodded for me to step out into the hallway so that he could shut and lock his apartment door. I rolled my eyes as I brushed past Billy and folded my arms against my chest and leaned against the wall. Billy walked past me without saying a word, leading the way down three flights of stairs and outside into the parking lot where his car was.

"Jesus...what time is it?!" I exclaimed as I noticed the sun going down.

Billy shrugged as he opened his car door, "5:00"

"Five?!" I shouted, my jaw dropping as I looked down at my clothes. I was suppose to work in a half an hour and there was no way I was going to have enough time to get home, shower, put on clean clothes and do my hair and makeup all in that short amount of time. "How the FUCK did we sleep in so late?!"

"Ya kept wakin' me up." Billy replied shortly, rubbing the side of his neck hinting for me to look at my own neck. He then climbed inside of his car and waited for me to do the same.

I ripped open the passenger side door and plopped down in the seat, shutting the door behind me and immediately pulling down the visor so that I could look at myself in the mirror. I gasped in shock, my eyes wide at the dark red/purple marks along the side of my neck that trailed all the way down my collar bone and down my chest. My expression went from shocked to pissed off as I glanced over at Billy and noticed that the only markings on his neck were his tribal tattoos.

"I'm not a piece of fucking bubblegum." I grumbled as I sat back in my seat and folded my arms across my chest. "I still don't understand how we didn't get up until less than an hour ago!"

Billy let out a faint chuckle, "Kept makin' me fuck ya."

"Classy way to say it." I replied sharply.

Billy ignored me and just kept driving, keeping his eyes on the road as I leaned over and turned on the radio. I smirked as I felt Billy's eyes on me, "Don't worry... I won't hurt your baby. I just want to turn some music on."

Billy grunted and went back to staring at the road as I found a radio channel that was playing Pitbull's 'Maldito Alcohol'. I bit my lip trying to refrain from laughing as I stared up at Billy who was clearly annoyed by this music. He scrunched his brows in annoyance as he reached over me and changed the channel to some hard rock station.

"Hey!" I exclaimed sitting up straight and turning it back to the station with Pitbull on it.

Billy tightened his jaw, staring over at me as he turned the station back. I narrowed my eyes into a glare. Billy turned his attention back to the road and I sat back in my seat and sighed loudly staring at the time. I'm going to be late by the time I'm ready and Sammy is going to chew me out and either fire me or take me off schedule yet once again.