Chapter 10: Protect What's Yours

"Where the hell is Amber?!" Christy asked Jack and Megan who just walked through the doors of the Four Roses.

Jack shrugged and Megan cocked an eyebrow, "She's not here yet?"

Christy shook her head, "No... she's usually here by now for her shift."

Jack sat down on a bar stool at the bar, glancing over at Billy's table where Billy, Joe and the rest of his boys sat. Jack was nervous around them considering Heco wasn't exactly welcoming last night. Jack glanced back over at the table where Billy was at, noticing that Billy seemed to be giving his younger brother, Joe, some sort of hell. Joe's facial expression showed annoyance while Billy's was cold and stern.

"Call her?" Megan asked rolling her eyes at Christy.

"We've been trying..." Ramona answered, hanging up the bar phone.

"Maybe she's showering?" Jack asked dully.

Christy started to worry as she pulled out her cellphone from her pocket and leaned against the bar, dialing my number. Megan took off her jacket and pulled out her cellphone as well, spam texting me multiple times to see if I'd answer her texts at least.

Ramona sighed and went back to pouring shots for Billy and his boys. Amanda was already here and was already unimpressed that she was basically covering for me until I get here. Both Megan and Christy continued to try and get a hold of me.

"Billy..." Joe started, annoyed and trying to get his brother to be rational.

"You're fuckin' doin' the shit more than you're selling it." Billy hissed as he picked up a burning candle on the table and used it to light the cigarette that dangled between his lips as he spoke.

"Listen to Billy, Joey. Bones is pissed." Bodie joined in on the lecture.

Joe sighed loudly and leaned back in his chair, "When do I get to join? Maybe that's what my problem is. I'm not interested in it since I'm not really in it...."

"You'll join when I say ya can." Billy barked.

"You haven't even let me do my initi-"

"I said, I'll tell ya when you're ready." Billy said flatly, exhaling smoke out of his mouth.

Before Joe could protest, Billy's eyes scanned around the table noticing that Joe and the rest of his boys were looking up and staring at Christy who was now climbing over Heco and Tommy, reaching for her purse and jacket. Billy stayed silent and just looked around, noticing that Ramona and Amanda were panicking behind the bar while Jack and Megan were both impatiently waiting for Christy to grab her belongings.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked Christy.

Christy huffed, trying to catch her breathe, "It's Amber. I have to go."

"What's wrong?" Joe asked again, this time standing up from his chair.

"Come on, hurry up! We have to go!" Megan exclaimed, suddenly appearing next to the table.

"What's wrong with Amber?" Bodie asked, making Megan look at him confused and taken back that he was asking.

"She's not answering... she's not here yet either and it's not like her..." Megan answered quietly.

Megan swallowed the lump in her throat before clearing her throat, "...You don't think that-"

"Shane..." Christy whispered nervously.

Billy's eyes shot up at Megan as he pressed his cigarette down in the ashtray, putting it out. Christy chewed on her bottom lip nervously as she dialed my cell number one last time. Billy's jaw tightened as he watched Christy sigh and end the call when I never answered. Megan sighed and sprinted after Jack towards the bar exit. Christy muttered curse words under her breathe as she threw on her jacket and purse over her shoulder, turning on her heel to follow after Jack and Megan.