Chapter 68: Family

"Nice to meet you, Rafael," I replied sweetly.

"Where's the kid?" Rafael asked, cocking an eyebrow. "You put him to bed already?"

While Christy was drooling over Rafael and Billy was watching him like a hawk, I was chewing the bottom of my lip nervously, intimidated by his presence and uncomfortable with the awkwardness coming off of each and everyone of us that was sitting at the table. Who was this guy and why was he in my house? Why was he holding such an impact over Billy and everybody else? How did he know I was in jail?

Shrugging, I drummed my nails along the edge of the table, "He's sleeping. I put him down early so when and if he wakes up at two in the morning, he's not overly cranky."

God, I'm a good liar. In fact, I'm an amazing liar. I'm just like my fucking mother, a liar. I've become everything that I told myself I'd never be. I've become my mother.

Life needs to do an immediate 360... I can't be like this.

Rafael nodded slowly, "Makes sense."

"So what do you do?" Christy interrupted, either sensing the awkward tension between him and I, or she just was genuinely interested in him.

Rafael turned his head to look at Christy and cracked a small smirk, "What don't I do?"

"Why don't you tell him what your ol' ass boyfriend Hank does?" Julia suggested with a snide smile.

Christy shot her a glare, Megan nudged her in the ribs and I closed my eyes and sighed in irritation.

"What boyfriend?" Billy asked, shooting his head up and over to Christy.

"He's not really my boyfriend, he's just... uh...-"

"Anyone need another beer?" Jack asked trying to change the subject.

"Sure, I'll have one, bud," Rafael answered Jack.

"Billy..." I started.

"He hasn't even been dead for a fuckin' year and you're already out fuckin' around?" Billy hissed between gritted teeth, seething with anger.

"Billy stop..." I warned.

"Yo, Billy," Bodie jumped in, trying to distract him to calm him down.

"I didn't, I mean... I uh," Christy stuttered.

"Shit... did I say the wrong thing?" Julia whispered to Jamie who was sitting there with his chin in one of his hands and shaking his head slightly.

Billy chuckled evilly, "Typical fuckin' junkie whore"

"Woah," Rafael drawled, lifting his brows in surprise as Jack handed him a beer.

"Billy fucking stop," I demanded.

"I'm sorry, I loved him too-" Christy tried to say but was cut off.

"Oh I bet you fuckin' did, all the drugs your little-"

Pushing my chair out, I stood up, "ENOUGH!"

Everyone except for Billy, glanced up at me taken back by my sudden outburst. My chest was heaving in and out. I could hear Shaun begin to cry upstairs causing me to sigh in aggravation. I ran my fingers through my hair and threw my hands up in disbelief.

"We're getting married on saturday," I announced, glancing down at Billy who was still staring a hole right through Christy.

"Yeah you are!" Spink exclaimed, "Saturday at 1, we set it up,"

"I see everyone already knows..." I mumbled, clicking my jaw to the side.

"Except for me," Rafael announced, holding up his beer, "Congratu-fuckin'-lations"