Chapter 48: Finish The Job

When I came to, I was still in the backseat with Christy while Bodie drove and Jack panicked in the passenger seat. Christy was cradling me like I was some kind of child that had just scraped its knee. The last thing I needed right now was anyone's fucking pity, especially when I have to worry about why I'm suddenly bleeding during this part of my pregnancy. Not to mention, Billy...

"Easy now, easy now... we're taking you to the hospital," Christy whispered in a soothing voice as I waved her away and sat up. "Everything is going to be okay."

Without hesitation, I pulled the gun from the waistband of my jeans and pressed it against the back of Bodie's head and cocked it, "Where's Billy's car?"

"Amber! What the fuck are you doing?!" Jack and Christy both exclaimed.

"Jamie's t-taking it to Bones' shop... what the fuck you doin'?" Bodie gulped, staring at me through the rearview mirror.

"Amber put the fucking gun down!" Christy screeched.

"I know what you're feelin', I do. I loved him too, he was closer to me than my own fuckin blood, you know that!" Bodie shouted.

"Don't take me to any fucking hospital," I said in a low but dangerous tone. "Take me home to pack a bag."

"Damn girl, that's all ya had to say. Put the fuckin' gun down." Bodie replied.

"Amber put the fucking gun-"

I pursed my lips and yanked the gun away in defeat. The gun fell in between Christy and me on the seat and I buried my face in my hands and started to sob. Christy pulled me close and remained silent as I silently sobbed and trembled in her arms.

The rest of the drive was silent. Megan was already parked in the driveway of mine and Billy's house, waiting impatiently. She jogged over to Jack and started demanding answers and asking if I was okay. I ignored her as I slowly got out of the car and stared up at the sky. The sun would be rising in the next couple of hours.

Just as I was about to head up the driveway and go inside, Bodie grabbed my upper arm and stopped me from going away. I stared down at his hand in disgust before making eye contact with him.

"This is a bad time dawg, I know that... you know that. But we still got shit to do, ya hear?" He nodded at me in expectancy, "Get yourself some sleep and meet me at Bones' shop when ya up for it. Ya gotta run the shop, take care of the mechanics payroll and the side shit..."

As much as I wanted to tell Bodie to go and fuck himself, I knew he was right. I had to be strong and I had to do this. So instead of telling him off, I just nodded slowly and yanked my arm out of his grasp. Luckily for me, I didn't even have to say anything before Megan stormed up and slapped Bodie across the face.

"Use your fucking head! That's the last thing on any of our minds." She growled as Jack jumped between Megan and a now furious Bodie.

Christy, Jack, Megan and Bodie continued to shout at one another about what they thought was "important" at this time. I ignored them and made my way inside. I was too exhausted, too lifeless to care about anything that was currently going on around me. There was an ache in my heart and a numbness in my mind. All I wanted to do was go upstairs, crawl into bed, cry myself to sleep and wake up tomorrow to find that this was all just a bad dream.

Bodie's right... I have to be tough...

Chop ran over to me and jumped up, wanting me to play with him. Tears that I've been fighting to hold back suddenly won the battle and poured out the corners of my eyes. Chop whimpered as I fell to my knees and wrapped my arms around Chop's neck and bawled.