Chapter 15: Death of Me

"Billy? Answer me." I demanded as I folded my arms across my chest.

Billy narrowed his eyes at me, the typical cigarette dangling in between his lips. I pressed my tongue against the inside of my cheek as I waited impatiently for Billy to answer me about the picture of me that was clearly from Shane's wallet. Obviously I'd rather Billy have it than my ex abusive psycho boyfriend, but how he got it is what I want to know.

Billy and I continued to stare each other down as I awaited for his explanation that clearly wasn't going to come willingly. Billy yanked the cigarette out from his lips and put it out in the ashtray before standing tall and towering over me. I bit my bottom lip as I watched Billy who moved my hair away from my neck and lowered his mouth down to my neck. I closed my eyes as the feeling of his facial hair tickled my skin as he gently kissed my neck.

"Billy..." I whispered, "How did you get the photo..?"

"Does it matter?" Billy hissed.

"You didn't kill him... did you?" I asked in a low tone as I placed my hands on Billy's chest and tried to push him away to look at me.

"He was gonna fuckin' kill you." Billy replied sternly.

My eyes widened, "You...KILLED HIM?!" I screamed.

Billy rolled his eyes, "Fuck off Amber. I didn't kill ya piece of shit boyfriend."

I had that coming I guess.

I scoffed, "Then how did you get the fucking picture?!"

"He dropped his fuckin' wallet on his way out." Billy replied dully.

I suddenly felt stupid and awkward. Billy shook his head at me as he reached down and grabbed his pack of cigarettes and a lighter from off of the night stand before stomping out of the bedroom, leaving me standing there like an idiot. Sighing loudly, I ran my fingers through my hair as I made my way out of the bedroom, down the hallway out through the living room. I rolled my eyes as I stepped out onto the balcony where Billy was sitting on a chair, shirtless and smoking a cigarette, staring off into the distance.

Billy glanced over at me and I stared down at my bare feet as I walked over in front of him. Billy pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and flicked it over the balcony railing. The chair was wide enough for me to straddle Billy. I stared down at Billy, biting my lower lip. Billy let out a agitated sigh as he placed his hands on my hips and stared up at me. I knew something was bothering him and I knew it wasn't because of me.

"I'm sorry." I giggled, trying to apologize.

Billy smirked, obviously not being able to stay mad at me for long either. I gave Billy a peck on the lips, my hands on each side of his neck, our faces only inches away from each others.

"Should I be afraid?" I whispered unexpectedly. I even surprised myself.

"Not of me." Billy replied bluntly.

I sighed and rested my forehead against Billy's. Billy stared down blankly - still in deep thought. I didn't want to pry at him with questions so instead I just remained silent and where I was. Billy cleared his throat and stared me right in the eyes as he spoke, "I don't want ya on this balcony alone."

I cocked an eyebrow at him, "Why?"

"Because." Billy murmured.

"Because why?" I asked blinking my eyelashes repeatedly, playing dumb on purpose.

"Because I fuckin' said so." Billy hissed.

I glared at Billy and climbed off of him, taking a step back and glaring down at him. Billy glanced up at me seeing my facial expression before sighing himself and running his hand over his head, "Because I don't want someone who's got shit with me, driving by and shooting up the place."