Chapter 41: New Leadership

What Billy had done to his own father was not only the end of Bones's controlling shit, but it was the end of what seemed like a prison sentence in hell for Billy. Yet in the same token, what he had done had also created even more trouble for Billy. Luckily for us, kind of anyway -- Detective Wallis was the one who's been hounding us about Bones's where about's, but again, luckily for Billy, Wallis knows Bones was into things he shouldn't have been involved in so if he is dead - the last person she's going to assume killed Bones would be his own son.

As expected, Billy took over his fathers position as THE main guy for drugs and gun running. This was stressful because this means all the trouble and danger Bones had was now on Billy. However, Billy wasn't kidding when he said it was "time for a change". I could see the passion burning in his eyes now that he was the one sitting behind Bones desk. I think he actually believes that he can make this all better for everybody while still doing what they do. Honestly, the only way that would ever happen is if Billy completely cuts off the guns, the drugs, and everyone just actually does what they're suppose to be doing... running a fucking mechanic shop, not drugs.

Since Billy moved up, everyone else did as well. All of Billy's boys went from cooking in the basement of the abandoned mental hospital "The office" to just selling the drugs as none of them, except for Jack, - who now works at the shop doing oil changes - know how to work on vehicles. The younger brothers of Billy's boys and kids that grew up on Billy's turf now work for Billy and cook the drugs at "The office". There's only five boys there that cook but that's all Billy really needs and he trusts them because much like their older brothers, they too are afraid of Billy.

Everyone is being paid way more than they were under Bones's reign. Everyone is happier, doing better work now that they're being paid for all those hours they stand out in eerie places selling drugs. Hell, the mechanics who worked for Bones are even happier and bringing in more business now that Billy upped their pay.

Safe to say that for the first time in a long time everything is going okay.

Except for one thing...

Charlie.

Given what happened the night I was suppose to inform Billy that Charlie is actually alive... Both Christy and Megan convinced me that telling him would be the worse thing to do at the time. For now, since Charlie hasn't done anything or even contacted me, I think they're right. But the fact that he's still out there somewhere probably plotting some sort of revenge, has me on edge. Would he hurt me to get back at Billy? Or worse... would he kill me and my unborn child?

"Ya listenin' to me?" Billy asked, awakening me from my thoughts.

I shook my head as I regained my thoughts and then nodded, "Yeah -- sorry, what?"

"I got ya the tree." Billy repeated himself, staring at me between narrow eyes as he slowly put his belt back on.

Most women claim to have a high sex drive during their pregnancy but for me it's the complete opposite. My stomach is bigger, I don't feel sexy, I can tell he's focusing on making sure he doesn't hurt me or the baby - even though I told him he can't - and it's just awkward and whenever we have sex, I often wish it would just be over with so I can go back to being a huge pregnant whale and he can go back to doing whatever it is that he does.

Maybe I'm just stressed and over-thinking about Charlie retaliating but either way, my stomach has grown and as a usually small girl, I feel uncomfortable having this huge bump. Christy and Megan tell me I'm being dramatic and that I look cute pregnant, but I just feel fat and gross. What if he thinks about me when I had a flat stomach? what if he bangs Jennifer on the side because she's still skinny? what if-