Flowers Part 3 (Jason Todd x Reader)

Hi all, I have two people which I would like to dedicate this chapter to they are... @Tall_and_Angry and @I-am-Red-Widow :). Please enjoy.

Warning: Kissing (There is a tad bit of it)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) Pov

I wake to soft sheets and the morning light trickling in through my blinds. Shedding myself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, my eyes are still shut as I soak in the warmth of my covers before letting my (E/C) see the sun's rays.

 "Pouah!" I scoff.

I roll over in my comfortable sheets as the sunlight hisses at my face. My dishevelled, (H/C) curls are scattered across my pillow. Glancing around my room, I notice the messy assortment of notebooks, freshly-sharpened coloured pencils and other stationery items giving me a great aesthetic pleasure. Slowly but surely, I pushed myself out of bed, letting my feet hit the cool floor. I smell the aroma of croissants, toast, hash browns and all the other confectionaries you could possibly imagine as I approach the kitchen. I can feel my tiredness inside me like a worm, slowly but deliberately draining my energy. Everything seems to move in a dragged pace, all submerged into a hazy fuzz that is my vision.

"Hi," Jason greets me.

"Hey." I murmur.

I collapse onto the nearest couch and curl myself into a ball, the sound of sizzling food somehow calming, my eyes drift closed as I wait for Jason to finish cooking.  It is the kind of couch that moulds around you and hugs you as much as supports you, it's the type of couch I love. I hear Jason's footsteps coming towards me causing me to open my eyes as he sets a plate full of food on the coffee table in front of me. Instead of sitting in the chair opposite mine, he decides to sit on the floor, leaning against the couch I'm on.  I run my free hand through his hair while munching on some toast.

"We need to talk about what happened last night..." I mumble.

"Yeah," Jason sighs.

"Why does Black Mask know our names?" I ask.

"Well, when I first began to work...he and I had a team up of sorts. There was something important that he wanted and at the time I was the perfect guy for the job. In the end, I double-crossed him and destroyed what he was working on." He explains.

"Ok, so what about me?" I ask.

"My best guess is that he's just hired someone to follow me which lead him to you." He shrugs.

"So, I'm being stalked by a crime boss because I met you," I say in disbelief.

"Basically." He replies.

I rise from the couch slowly, pacing around the room. Beneath my feet, the wooden floor feels soft, not as much as even a firm carpet, but not right for oak planks. I move to the edge of the room, my jeans brushing against the wall. I lean against the wall and sigh quietly. Jason and I seem to have a silent conversation as we stare into each other's eyes. 

"I'm just making sure I got this right...you used to be best friends with Black Mask but then you double-crossed him," I say slowly.

"Yep." He replies.

"So why does he want to work with you again?" I ask.

"I have no idea sweetheart." He sighs. 

The noise that burst forth from me is like a cross between a snort and a drunken laugh, never knowing when to breathe between the giggles. I can't say I have the most musical of laughters but Jason joins in with me. The air is suddenly rent by the sound of breaking glass. Other than a gunshot there is nothing that gets my attention sooner or heart accelerating faster. Jason is first on his feet, first to be armed, back against the cool plaster of the wall. Breaking glass almost never heralds anything good. Boots make a rhythmical noise against the wooden floor, solid and regular like a soldier. His face is stern, yet peaceful as he swings his large gun from his shoulder. Smooth metal glimmered. Callused fingers wiped its surface, feeling the cold.