Bruises (Dick Grayson x Reader)

Hi again! As you can see this story takes place when Dick was still Robin. Anyway, there are so many words I can use to thank all of you guys for reading my book and supporting me but I'm just going to get to the point and say THANK YOU! Anyway, This was requested by @juuzou1307.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
(Y/N) pov
Bruises cover my body like multicoloured flowers, they wrap around my torso and decorate my face. Each breath I take feels like being hit with a sledgehammer over and over. The makeup I apply covers my face heavily but at least it hides the unnatural marks. As soon as the team takes one look at me they will know something isn't right. I hate lying to them but this is something I have to deal with by myself. I stash my school uniform inside my duffle bag and quickly put on my suit.

Yes I have powers and I have fought with some of the most dangerous villains ever, so a couple of mean kids should be no biggie right? Actually

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Yes I have powers and I have fought with some of the most dangerous villains ever, so a couple of mean kids should be no biggie right? Actually...wrong. It was only name calling before but today they got a tad bit too physical because they noticed I have been hanging out with Dick Grayson. Of course their mean words sting me but I guess it's easier to pretend I'm ok than not. It's easier to bottle everything up inside.

I exit the bathroom and quickly find the team I love gathered in the kitchen eating some of M'gann's freshly baked cookies. I happily munch on the delicious goods as I listen to the conversations around me which helps me to forget what happened at school. Artemis walks over to me and quietly pulls me aside for our own conversation.

"What's up with the makeup?" She asks.

"Choir performance," I mutter quickly.

She nods and leaves me alone due to Wally wanting her attention. Who else has noticed? I notice Robin walking toward me due to Artemis whispering something into his ear. I quickly leave and use my super speed to get to my room as fast as I can. I lean against my now locked door and place a hand over my racing heart. That boy is going to be the death of me.

Dick Pov
I frown as (S/H/N) rushes out of the room and glance back at the team. We all look at each other in confusion due to her weird behaviour. Wally finally breaks the silence.

"Dude, Go after her!".

Without a second thought, I sprint after her. I reach her door and find that it's locked which means (S/H/N) is inside. I knock on the door softly with the hope that she will open the door.

"Hey (S/H/N), it's Robin. Uhh, can I come in?".

I wait for a few seconds before knocking again but only get silence as a reply. Something isn't right.

"I'm coming in!" I yell as I take the lock pick from my utility belt.

After a few seconds of fiddling around with the lock, I get it open. (S/H/N) lay on her bed staring at the ceiling. Her makeup had been rubbed off which reveals bruises covering her face. I slowly walk over to her and sit on the bed then examine the damage.

"What happened?" I ask.

She continues to be silent but her eyes are now on my face. I have a feeling I know what had happened but I have to be sure before doing anything stupid. I move to get up and leave but her voice breaks the silence causing me to stay.

"Some girls at school are jealous because I'm friends with a guy they and every other girl at school has a crush on. So they decided to 'teach me a lesson'."

My eyes widen in shock as I hear her explanation. Why didn't she tell me? I already formulate ten plans to get revenge on those particular girls. She sits up and rests her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I should have been there," I mutter.

"It doesn't matter Robin. I just gotta find a way to tell my friend so they don't freak out." She replies.

"But they hurt you!" I argue.

"I can't do anything now, it's in the past." She replies.

Damn, why is she so calm about this? Why does she care more about me than herself? I wrap my arms around her and decide to tell her that her friend knows now, I take my sun glasses off and then gently pull her off me. Her face flashes with so many emotions I don't even try to guess what she is feeling. She finally breaks out of her shock and latches into me for another hug. I laugh at her childishness and envelop her in another hug.

"So, you want payback?" I ask as a devilish smirk makes its way onto my face.

She shakes her head causing me to frown in confusion. This girl continues to amaze me. Of course, this is one of the many reasons why I have fallen in love with her.

"Nah, I just want you." She giggles.

That was also another reason. This girl is going to be the death of me.