Chapter 20 - Another Door Opens

Start from the beginning

"Sure. For now we can be unofficially dating!"

I smiled. He's so adorable!

"Okay! Nice."

"Yup!  Well, I hate to leave, but I should sleep now. I'm definitely not a morning person," he chuckled.

I glanced at the clock.  9:30.  Hm, that wasn't too bad.  It gives me enough time to finish my homework that I never started...

"Oh yeah. I totally know how you feel!  Well, um,  goodnight," I said.

"Sweet dreams Destiny. I love you."

"I love you too."

He hung up and I sat in silence for a few moments.  I was still trying to absorb all of this.  I just stopped loving Caleb, and moved on this fast? Dang.

*****************************************************************************

"Get up, you lazy butt! Oh my God Destiny," I heard faintly.  That had to be Akira.

I groaned loudly.  Slowly dragging myself off my bed, I moved unsteadily to my closet.  What should I wear?

I finally chose a purple button down shirt and jeans.  I felt the need to look presentable.

"Destiny! Hurry up! I'm taking you to school today since Daddy took your car to the repair shop," my sister shouted annoyingly.

Senses finally came alive to me and I bolted downstairs. I ran a hand through my thick, wavy mess. I'll fix that in the car, I thought.

I slipped my flats on and my mom handed me a doughnut.

"Eat this in the car, you'll be late if you eat it here," she ordered.

I nodded and threw myself into Akira's car.

"It's about time," she muttered.

“Psh, you weren’t up until 1 in the morning last night doing random school crap,” I said, matching the tone of grumpiness.

I ate my breakfast silently as she cranked the volume up at full blast.

"If I lay here, would you lay with me and just forget the world?  Forget what we’re told?  Before we get too old, show me a garden that's bursting into life!" she shrieked, leaving a ring in my ears.

"Oh my freaking Lord Akira! Flipping shut up!  That’s not even a loud song!" I reached my arm towards the volume but she slapped my hand away.

"No one touches my property," she said while giving me a glare.

"I just think it's too loud!"

"If it’s too loud, you’re too old.  By the way, Destiny, who were you talking to on the phone last night?" Akira suddenly questioned.

Oh great, more suspicious questions.

"Cameron. He's one of my new friends I've made."

"Mmhmm. Do you maybe, like him at all?" her curiosity at its max.

I stared at my doughnut. Oh what the heck, I thought. I should just tell her. Less stress for me! Besides, what's the worst that could happen if she knew?

"Yup! I kind of love him," I blurted.

Urg, too much info. Let the endless teasing begin.

"Awwww! Des finally got herself a guy! Unless...Caleb? What was going on with him?"

I didn't know how to respond to that.  There's no way she knew about our relationship.

"Um, nothing?  I left him like I did with my friends!" I tried to convince.