Chapter 34 "Apple Sauce"

“Jade! Jade! Wake up!” Mari said as she leaned over Jade.

“What time is it?” Jade answered half asleep.

“Early. But we can’t waste our time here in New York! So get up. Plus Harry said Lou’s waiting for you.” Mari answered.

“New York! Lou.” Jade said sitting up.

“Yeah. I already took a shower. You’re turn. Go, go!” Mari said sitting back down on her bed and looking through her makeup bag.

“I’m going, I’m going.” Jade said walking towards the bathroom.

Around 40 minutes later both girls were ready and headed down to Lou’s room.

“Did Harry tell you if the boys were going to get their hair done in Lou’s room?” Jade asked as they approached Lou's room.

“No, I think that will be done some other place” Mari said trying not to make eye contact with Jade.

“Hmmm” Jade said knocking on the door.

The door swung open.

“Girls!” Louis said

“Oh” Jade said turning to look at Mari.

“You lied” she whispered to her.

“Hey Louis, how are you?” Mari said ignoring Jade and giving Louis a hug.

“Good, Sorry I couldn’t be there yesterday. I was out with Eleanor.” Louis said.

“It’s fine. Is she here?” Mari asked.

“No, she’s actually still in bed, I believe, Jet legged. She’ll come down later.” Louis said then turned to look at Jade.

“Well hello stranger. How have you been?” he said.

“Hey.” Jade said smiling. “I’ve been good thanks.” she added.

“That’s great. We’ve missed you. Gotta make us some of your sandwiches soon, alright?” Louis said moving away from the door so the girls could walk in.

Mari went first but Jade hesitated.

Is he in there?” Jade asked herself.

“He’s not here babe” Louis whispered in her ear, as if he had heard.

Jade just smiled at him thankfully and walked in.

The only ones there were Harry, Lou, Lux & Louis.

When Jade saw for herself that Niall wasn’t there she relaxed physically and mentally.

“You came!” Lou said. “How  did you sleep?”

“Yes! & fine thank you! The whole time difference thing is killing me a little, but I’ll be fine.” Jade answered

“Hey, Mari. How did you sleep?” Lou asked

“Good thank you!” Mari said giving Lou a hug and pinching Lux's cheek making her giggle.

“Hey Jade.” Harry said.

“Hey” Jade answered smiling.

Mari went up to Harry giving him a kiss.

“Hey babe” Mari said afterwards.

Lou finished giving Lux a bottle when she asked

“Ok boy’s whose first?”

“I’ll go.” Harry said sitting on the chair in front of a mirror with a desk filled with lots of hair products, combs, a blow dryer, and a hair straitener.

Lou started on Harry’a hair as they all talked, Louis asked the girls question since he hadn’t gone to lunch with them the day before. The girls happily answered them. When Lou finished with Harry, Louis sat down. After a while Lux started getting fussy.

“Maybe she wants something to eat? A diaper change?” Harry said

“I have apple sauce in the bag in that closet over  by the door, Jade if you don’t mind.

“Of course not.” Jade said she was holding Lux in her arms and walked over to the closet and started looking for the apple sauce. When the Hotel door on the side of her swung open and in came Zayn

“Vas Happenin guys! We are here.” He announced.

“Yea, we can see that!” Louis said.

“and herd it pretty loudly too” Liam said walking in behind him.

“Morning guys!” Liam said added.

They walked past Jade not even noticing her and Lux in the closet.

Jade stayed quiet for a moment, she didn’t here Niall. He must not be here yet, Good. She thought.

She continued looking for the apple sauce. “Found It” she said out loud, but not to Loud. Lux smiled. Harry was actually right she wanted food. She got a spoon out as well and zipped up the bag she had been looking through. She picked up Lux again while she held onto the apple sauce and spoon, steped out of the closet door and spun around.

“Found it!” She said again facing the boys, Lou and Mari.

But no one said a word, as they all had the same expression on their face. What could be wrong? Jade thought. Even Louis was looking at her from the seat as Lou’s hands were motionless in the air next to his hair.

“Are you guys ok?” Jade said. She turned to look at Mari who had huge eyes.

“What?” She mouthed to her when....

“Jade?” Niall said coming from right behind her.