Chapter 15 "At least one of us is happy"

“What!!” Jade said as Mari told her the conversation she had with Niall at lunch today.

“I just, I couldn’t tell them not to come Jade, I’m sorry” Mari answered.

“OMG, what am I supposed to do?” Jade said as she sat crossed legged in the middle of her bed rubbing her forehead.

“You know this day was going to come, better get it over with now” Mari said from across the room.

“I can’t. I just can’t. ” Jade said laying face up on the bed.

“Then don’t do it! Just stay with him, forget about all those people, do what I know your heart wants you to do, but your head isn’t letting it do” Mari said as she laid down next to Jade in the same position as her.

Jade just exhaled loudly. A few minutes passed when Mari turn on her side and put her hand behind her head.

“So are you not going to ask me how my date went?” She said, smiling.

“Omg, I’m sorry, yes, of course, how did the date go?” Jade said sitting up again to her previous position.

“Agh! It was the best ever in my life!” Mari said kicking her feet up in the air.

“Details please” Jade says smiling at her friend.

“Well you know everything that happened at the lunch already. Plus he held my hand through the whole thing.” Mari says, while she holds up her hand dramatically showing Jade which hand.

“He told me with every day that passes he falls harder for me, that he’s never felt the feelings he’s feeling right now. He doesn’t know how to act upon them, but when I’m with him everything feels right” Mari said breathing out loudly.

“Wow! He said all that?” Jade said

“Yes and more, I just can’t remember everything. And when lunch was over he took me to get some ice cream again and we stayed in his car talking, until Paul rang him again. This time he didn’t hesitate before leaning in and that’s right, he kissed me again.” She breathed loudly. “This time, I don’t mean this to sound a bit cliché, but I felt fireworks as his lips touched mine, like everything else didn’t exist, it was just me and him” Mari said.

“You’ve fallen Mari, and I think he has too. I’m so happy for you, extremely.” Jade says smiling brightly at the sight of her best friend’s happiness.

I’m glad one of us got something good out of this” she said to herself, as Mari continued the story.

The girls stayed up late talking and thinking of ways to help Jade get out of this pickle. Mari even tried convincing her to just enjoy her life with him now as friends, that maybe if it ever came to him asking her to be more than friends then maybe she would already be strong enough to take whatever obstacles came along with being a famous boy band member’s girlfriend.

But Jade just had a feeling Niall didn’t really want to just be friends for a while, she knew that because she didn’t want to be just friends with him either, but what could she do? She had to think of his career, about him and not just her. Mari ended up sleeping over and after a long while of talking they both fell asleep.