Chapter 16 "I can't"

"Baby you're the best, cuz you work me out, I keep building walls up but you tear em' down.." the Cher Lloyd Ringtone played for the second time.

"Ughhh, turn that off you old fart!" Jade groaned, shaking Mari.

Mari jumped out of the bed "OMG what time is it?" she said reaching for her phone.

'Two missed calls' the front screen of her cell phone read.

"Oh shit! GET UP!!!" she almost screamed at Jade. "Get up! That was Harry calling. He just text and said they will be here in 40 minutes!" Mari practically screamed to a half awake Jade. It's already going to be 12 in the afternoon. "Get up!" 

"I don't want to; just tell them I'm sick." Jade said laying back down.

"No, no more lies! Get up" Mari said coming around to her side and getting her out of bed.

"Ugh" Jade groaned again, as Mari pushed her into her bathroom.

"Now take a shower & find something nice to wear, also brush your teeth, because your breath isn't really pleasant right now" ..."To shay my friend" Jade interrupted her with a smile... "Oh shut up, I'm going to go home to get ready too, meet me back at my place in 40, kay? Love you, bye." Mari said closing the bathroom door for Jade.

"Bye" Jade said from the other side of the door.

It had been way past the 40 minutes now, Jade was already  ready and she knew the boys had arrived because she kept getting none stop texts from Mari which started off nice and now where getting a little harsh as the time passed by, and of course Niall had texted her when they arrived as well.

"I can't keep telling them your busy right now, you better get your ass down here right now, before I go get you myself!" Jade read the last text from Mari.

She stood up from her computer chair, turned around to face the mirror. Exhaled loudly and walked out her bedroom door.

"Oh look there she is now" Liam said as he spotted Jade walking in the sidedoor.

Niall stood up and turned to face her.

"Hey Jade! We missed you yesterday" Louis said as she walked into the room.

"Hi guys. Aw Louis, me too" She answered.

She tried her hardest to ignore Niall's gaze, but she couldn't do it.

"Hey, how's the studying going? Mari told us you hadn't come by because you were putting in some last minute studying." Niall said brushing a strand of hair off her face. This gave Jade goosebumbs.

"Yeah, I uh was catching up on some chapters." Jade said looking down.

"We had to start the sandwiches without you this time Jade" Zayn said Smiling.

She laughed a little. "Oh no." She said smiling.

"Good thing Mari bought extra crisp" Paul added as Harry turned to look at Mari and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

She took her seat and Niall pulled up a chair beside her. Everything was going good. Lots of laughing and since another game was on the tv they watched that too. But with every minute that passed by Jade's stomach felt worse and worse knowing soon she had to tell Niall she couldn't be with him. What would he think?

The time came when the boys had to set off to the airport, there time here in Ireland was up and there tour was now sending them to the USA. The girls were asked to come along to the Airport. They wanted to say their goodbyes there. Mari and Harry drove in Mari's car and Jade was put into the van with the boys next to Niall.

Jade could feel Niall trying to reach for her hand but she just couldn't let him take it, not now that in a couple minutes she was most likely going to break his heart, and break hers too.

They arrived at the airport and everyone is hanging around talking, since they have 30 minutes to spare.

"Ok, I've never really asked a girl this, it's just sorta happen in the past, and your not just some other girl and I want it to be official, since I'm leaving to the USA and your staying here" Harry started to say to Mari.

"OMG" Mari breathed out.

"Will you be my girlfriend Mari?" Harry announced.

"Yes, yes! Of course" Mari answered as Harry picked her up, and kissed her gently but with so much passion.

"I want you to come out to USA with me for a week. Me and Niall have been planning this, both of you girls can fly over together when we are in NY for a week and we can spend it together. What do you say babe?" He told Mari.

"I'd love that baby" Mari told Harry giving him another kiss.

"I'll be waiting for you" He said leaning his nose against hers.

Jade wanted to be Happy for her friend, but not after what she over herd Harry tell her about him and Niall planning a trip to be with them for a week in the US.

"Jade" Niall said bringing her back from her thoughts.

"huh, yeah?" She answered.

" Look, I have this for you" He said handing her a small silver box.

"Oh no, I can't take it" she said handing it back.

"Come on" He said with a smile, giving it back.

She breathed out loudly opening the box. Inside was a silver heart shaped necklace with the Letter N in the middle with little diamonds. Jades eyes filled with tears.

"I just want you to know that I really like you, and I know it's a little soon, but I want to be more than this, I know it's you Jade, Your that one person I've been looking for, the missing piece to my puzzle." Niall said.

"Wait!" Jade said putting her hand on his chest as the tears escaped. "I can't, I'm sorry I can't" she exhaled loudly as everyone turned to look at her.

"Oh no" Mari said as Jade was handing back the pretty silver box to Niall, picked up her bag that was on the floor and started to run away, with Niall behind her.

"Jade! Jade wait!" Niall Yelled after her. "Jade! Jade..." Every Jade he said coming out shakier than the last as his eyes filled with tears as well.