Chapter 19 ' Shes not ready"

Mari had given up on looking for Jade, she wasn’t answering phone calls and was nowhere to be found in the airport, so she decided to just wait in the car. As she walked out the airport doors with her cell phone in hand ready to phone Jade one last time, her voice came from beside her.

“Don’t waste your time, I’m right here” Jade said from a bench.

“Where the heck have you been, I’ve been looking for you!” Mari exclaimed.

“Right here, this whole time.” Jade answered, looking down. “I’m sorry.” She added.

Mari moved towards the bench and sat down.

“What happened?” Mari asked.

“It’s over…I… I still ended up hurting him.” Jade breathed loudly “and me” she added.

“Come on, let’s go. You can tell me about it at my place, your sleeping over ok?” Mari said pulling her friend up and directing them towards her car.

“ Hey! Is everything alright?” Liam asked Niall who haddent said anything since the plane left  Ireland. He was just staring out the window.

“ Yea, sure everything is fine.” He answered. But that didn’t convince Liam.

“You know you can tell me anything right? I’m here to listen lad, whatever it is, I’m here” Liam said.

“ Thanks Liam, I just don’t feel like explaining exactly everything again, It was just..” He started saying.

“Something to do with Jade? Am I right?” Liam asked.

Niall shook his head saying yes.

“Well, you don’t have to tell me exactly what happened today, but when you’re ready I’ll be here. If it was something bad, like you guys said goodbye on bad terms, just give her a call after we land, maybe you guys can talk it out. You know?” Liam said to Niall.

Niall smiled and answered. “ Thanks Liam, I know I can always count on you and the boys! You guys are the best friends anyone can ask for.”

‘’I could say the same thing!’’ Liam answered.

Niall turned back to window, thought about what Liam said and took out his cell phone. Right there as the screen saver was a picture Jade at the concert. ‘I’ll try it’ He told himself, ‘when we land’ he added. Then plugged in his earphones and got ready for the long plane trip ahead of him.

“and you just left him there standing in the middle.” Mari was telling Jade.

“I know. I’m a horrible person. I just thought it was the right thing to do. But now I just don’t know.” She answered Mari.

“You should have just told him everything. Everything that lead you to that decision.” Mari said.

“Well it’s too late now. It was hard, but it was for the better.” Jade said sadly.

“I talked to him before he left.” Mari said.

“You did? What he say?” Jade said fastly.

“ I just asked if he was ok, I said sorry. And…” she said turning to look at her purse.

“and?” Jade asked

“and he just looked heartbroken. He really loves you Jade. I tried telling him everything, figuring you weren’t but he didn’t let me. He just insisted on telling me that… everything would end up working out.” Mari said to Jade then to her-self she said “It’s not the right time yet.”

“Oh... Well… uhh Well I just don’t know.” Is all Jade could say.

“Do you love him Jade? Niall?” Mari asked.

“Honestly, I don’t know. I love him yeah, but am I in Love with him I don’t know.” Jade answered looking down, with a confused facial expression.

“Well, maybe you need to figure that out.” Mari said turning over to switch the light off in her room.

“Maybe you can sleep on it” she added “Good night best friend.”

“It’s not that easy Mari!” Jade said.

“I know, I was just..joking I guess.” Mari said with a sorry voice.

“I’m sorry too. Goodnight best friend.” Jade said turning over on the bed and shutting her eyes.

The morning came and as the girls were making breakfast Jades phone started to ring. Her stomach fell to the floor and she froze. Mari just looked at her and turned back to look at the lit up phone on the table, showing Niall’s picture as the caller ID.

“Are you going to answer?” Mari said to Jade as she approached the phone.