42.Trials of Fate

Start from the beginning

"Natsu."Erza called softly,placing a gentle and reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Hold it together.We'll get Lucy back safe and in one piece.That's a promise."Erza whispered.

"Yeah.We'll get her back,Natsu."Gray spoke and punched Natsu softly.

Natsu took in a sharp intake of breath and let it out shakily,nodding his head with a small smile on his face.

Erza glanced at the petite blue haired dragon slayer beside her.Wendy had kept quiet all this while and seeing Wendy being quiet was not unusual.But with her remaining dead silent all this while was too unusual.She would have at least said a word by now.

Wendy was just staring at the wooden floor of the castle,looking deep in thought.

"Wendy?"Erza called.

She flinched and looked at Erza with tears brimming in her eyes.

"It's all my fault..."Wendy choked.

"What do you mean,Wendy?"Gajeel asked.

"It's my fault Lucy was captured.It's all because of me..."She cried.

Erza gently pulled her into a hug and stroked her head comfortingly.Much like a mother would do to their crying child.

"It's not your fault."Gray said.

"But it is!If I hadn't listened to Nagi who was looking for Lucy,she wouldn't have been captured!"

"Wendy..."

"No!Natsu...I'm so sorry."she sobbed.

Natsu pulled her by the wrists and held her shoulders gently,looking into her eyes.

"It's not your fault,alright?You called Lucy because you saw the state of the guild and its members.You panicked.I'm not angry and I'm sure Lucy's not angry either.It's okay.We'll get her back."Natsu spoke.

Erza,Gray and Gajeel smiled at the pink haired pyro that had matured so much.Lucy really had a huge impact on Natsu.

"But I...What if Lucy never comes back?I can't bare with the guilt of knowing Nashi and the twins won't have a mother."

Natsu's eyes widened.As did the three other members on the floating castle.

"Nashi...she's still at the Mansion."Natsu said.

Erza's head turned to Natsu.

"What happened to the twins?"

"Lucy returned them to the Phoenix realm to live with another couple.She said they'd raise the twins better than she ever will."

Natsu shrugged.

"They'll be missed sure.but she's right...no one can raise a Phoenix better than its own species."

"Besides...they're much safer there.Safer there than here."he finished and turned behind,looking at the small blue haired girl who was still doubting herself.

"Wendy.Listen to me."

She looked up at him,her big doe like brown eyes staring right into his.