29.Annabeth Chase

Annabeth had just finished packing her bag.She was so excited to see her childhood best friend again after so many years.Annabeth was determined to lift up Lucy's spirits and also help her with her heartbreak.Annabeth thought this was the perfect time to make an appearance and be her best friend once again.Annabeth ran through the hallways of Athena's temple and sashed down to the front door to bid her mum farewell.

A bright portal with blue and a hue of purple stood in front of the doorway."Goodbye,sweetheart.I'll see you soon.Go ahead and cheer up that little Lucy for me."Her mother grinned.Annabeth smiled,"Sure,mum."And with that,she stepped in to be greeted with the bright rays of sunshine out on the Alvarez palace garden.

"Who are you?"A gentle voice came from behind.Annabeth whipped around,happy to hear her best friend again.She smiled brightly"Hey,Lucy!"Annabeth cheered.Lucy looked at Annabeth,realization slowly hitting her."Annabeth!"Lucy beamed,hugging her best friend."I see.Annabeth has arrived."The two girls looked towards the voice."Hey,Zeref."The two hummed happily.A small smile crept up his face,seeing Lucy smile brightly and genuinely after a few days of plastering fake smiles in attempt to enlighten her own mood.

"So,I hear you married Mavis?!How is it like?Getting married,I mean!"Annabth ranted on.Zeref chuckled"Its great.But,I don't think Athena would approve of you marrying Percy now would she?"Annabeth blushed beet red."Wh-What?!Who said anything about seaweed brain?!"She stuttered.Lucy just simply giggled at her best friend's embarrassment."Percy?"Lucy asked after calming down her giggles."Oh.Poseidon's son.Remember?"Lucy nodded finally remembering Percy.A well built teen with mesmerizing sea green eyes.Overall,he was pretty handsome."Ya.Pretty cute guy.I think he suites you."Lucy smirked nudging Annabeth causing her to blush even more.Annabeth groaned then,an idea popped up in her mind.

"Didn't you use to like Nico?"Annabeth teased but failed."Nope.I just thought of him as a brother."Lucy said plainly.Annabeth's smile faded and turned into a pout."How on earth am I meant to tease you?"She whined.Zeref chuckled and excused himself in order for the two girls to bond and catch up."Anyways...about Percy..."Lucy trailed off.Annabeth hummed in response."I could put in a few words to convince Athena to let him marry you."Lucy said.Heat crept up Annabeth's cheeks,shaking her hands in front of her."No.Um I don't like seaweed brain."she stuttered.Lucy smirked."Aphrodite is not the only one who can see sho a person loves,you know."Lucy giggled.

"just shut up."Annabeth whined.Lucy giggled more but,stopped teasing the already red Annabeth.

As the two friends made their way to Lucy's bedroom in the palace,they stopped by the throne room to ask her grandmother if they could go to the hidden palace in Fiore.Mavis thought about it and with a little begging and puppy dog eyes from both girls,she reluctantly agreed to the idea,earning cheers from both girls.Mavis however,had a condition,"Make sure to stay close to Annabeth."Mavis stated in a strict manner.Lucy eagerly nodded,finally allowed to go out of the country and the palace that she had been cooped up in.

Lucy held Annabeth's hands as she teleported to the entrance of the palace.Annabeth,had the same expression as a certain salmon haired pyro upon seeing the entrance.She however,slowly figured that it was a secret entrance.A gleam of excite sparkled in her eyes.She anticipated what the inside of the palace would look like.The sparkle in her eyes said so.I giggled at her unusual childish actions."Well?Open it."She said.Lucy nodded and placed her palm on the wall of the cave.

The cave opened up as it had before.The doors to the crystal palace however,were open.Lucy tilted her head to the side questioning herself who else knew about the palace.From what she knew,only her family knew of the location.Regardless,Lucy and Annabeth were on high alert.Whether or not he or she was welcome here,she found this suspicious.Mavis would have alerted her if there were to be a visitor.Annabeth,clutching rip tide that Percy had lent her and Lucy,her hands glowing bright gold,advanced towards the Palace.Lucy pushed the grand doors open and started to follow the peculiar scent of...fire?

She,along with Annabeth ran forwards.Leading to a room that was decorated with exquisite furniture.A crate full of decorations lay open in the middle of the room.A portrait of Zeref hung on the walls.Lucy found this peculiar for she had not hung any portraits around just yet.Then,something caught her eyes.A picture of a blonde girl with brown eyes and a man with salmon colored hair hugging each other.Lucy picked the photo up and realized that this was a picture of her and Natsu.A small tear glided down her cheeks.A snense of longing for his hugs and comforts.Even just the presence of him was enough."Luce?"A voice came.She snapped her head towards the direction of the voice.

Annabeth had already pinned Natsu to the wall.Pointing rip tide at his throat.Lucy wiped away the tear that fell.Putting on a disgusted face."What are you doing here?!How did you get in?"Lucy hissed.Natsu remained silent."Talk."Annabeth spat,pushing rip tide against his throat."You gave me entrance here the last time.And you gave me this room."Natsu said.Without warning,Natsu kneed Annabeth in the gut and punched her causing her to loose consciousness.Lucy looked at the unconscious Annabeth in horror.Athena was sure to lecture her later.Next thing Lucy knew,she was pinned to the wall by a muscular salmon haired man.

"I'm sorry.Please,Luce.Forgive me.I'd do anything."Natsu pleaded.Lucy rolled her eyes and punched Natsu in the stomach."Sorry won't cut it,Jerk.Now,get out.Before I do something."Lucy hissed,her voice full of venom."Besides,Even if I do forgive you,who knows if you'll betray my feelings again?"She smiled sadly,leaving the room with a unconscious Annabeth hanging on her shoulder.Leaving Natsu heartbroken and rejected.

As Lucy dragged the unconscious dirt blonde woman beside her,she thought about how it would have been to be loved.To have a family.She smiled sadly.Knowing it was not possible.Even for her,he may be family but,that dosen't mean that she's have to forgive and love him.Lucy placed Annabeth on her bed,hovering her now bright blue hands."Sky god's enchantment:Heal."she muttered.Annabeth slowly stirred awake,her stormy grey eyes fluttering open."Hey.Thanks."Lucy nodded and snapped her fingers.Another bed materializing in front of her.

"Rest.You need it.We have a long day ahead tomorrow."Annabeth nodded and lay back down.Sleep finding her soon after.Lucy sighed and walked towards her balcony,inhaling the fresh air and looking at the salmon hair disappearing behind the secret doors.She sighed and stayed up all night,thinking about how it would be like.Knowing it may never happen.

She sighed,Looking up the vast starry sky.Wishing that she would one day find her other half.