37.Don't leave me!

Lucy ran through the parting crowd of dragons as she made her way beside Celestia,laying on the blood red infirmary bed peacefully.Lucy's hear wrenched as she saw her mentor lay on the bed,slowly dying with Igneel and Grandeeney.Grandeeney stood beside Celestia,her hands hovering over her belly as a faint blue glow emitted from her open hands.

Tears poured as Lucy ran beside Celestia,her own hands emitting a bright golden glow in attempt to save her mentor.Lucy murmured healing spell after healing spell with tears flowing down and dripping to the floor.

Celesta looked weakly at the Universal Mage and smiled.She placed her hand on Lucy's."Lucy.Stop."she whispered.Lucy shook her head as she tried more and more healing spells."Lucy.Stop.Please."Celestia said.Lucy stopped but started crying harder.

"Who...Who did this to you?"she choked.Celestia smiled weakly."Its no one,dear."Lucy shook her head."Tell me!"she cried."No."

"Why are you being so stubborn?!"she yelled."Because I can't risk you harming yourself.So I went in your place to fight him.Lucy.He'a gone.He's dead.I killed him."Celestia said.Tears poured down Lucy's face as she clutched Celestia to her chest and begun to whisper healing spells.But,it was useless.Nothing was working.Celestia's wounds hadn't healed in the least and everyone had begun losing hope.All but Lucy.

Natsu placed his hand on her shoulder comfortingly.Lucy turned around and cried in his chest before going back to Celestia.

Lucy's power was draining fast and Lucy begun to feel fatigue catch up.Lucy stopped healing Celesta and clutched her hand,losing hope.

"Celestia.I'm so so sorry.I can't.I can't heal you."she choked."Why can't I heal you?!"Lucy screamed.The dragons surrounding their queen felt sympathy for her.Lucy had been continuously healing Celestia for the past 2 hours with the most advanced spells and nothing had happened to Celestia's bleeding wounds.

Celestia opened her eyes and placed her hands on top of Lucy's."I'll be fine,Lucy.I've lived long enough."she smiled.Lucy shook her head."Hold on,Celestia.Please...hold on.I love you!Don't leave me!Your the only mother I have left!"she cried.

Celestia smiled weakly and for the last time,she took in her last breath before her eyes drooped,her eyes remaining shut.Lucy cried,shaking Celestia,begging her to come back to life.But,she was gone.Celestia was gone.

Lucy buried her face in Natsu's chest as she stood beside Natsu.Her black dress billowing behind her.She stood beside the coffin,Celestia lay there peacefully in a white dress.

Everyone had come to attend the funeral.People from every realm had come to attend.For another of Lucy's people have passed.It was hard for Lucy to lose another person in her life.She had already lost her mother and father.And now,she had lost her mentor and best friend.What more could life take away from her.

She knew that this was bound to happen.The dragons weren't immortal.Her people weren't immortal.And yet,she found it hard to believe that Celestia had left her.Lucy walked over to the front ,standing before the coffin for her speech.She wiped away her tear stained cheeks and inhaled deeply.

"Celestia was a kind woman.She had never let me down.She always tried her best to cheer me up when I felt alone."she said,pausing as another tear fell.

"I have always known that days like these were bound to come.People come and go.And I will live through all of that."she laughed drily,finding no humor in what she said.

"But,I find it hard.Celestia had always been there for me.She comforted me when I left Fairy Tail and trained me.She had always been my guardian,my best friend and most importantly,my Parent.My mother died when I was very young.And my father died when I was trapped on Tenrou Island.I never got to say goodbye to both my parents before they died.I never told them how much I loved them.How thankful I was to be their daughter.Despite my hatred for my father,I have always loved him and it was painful to hear that I had lost my father without telling him how much I love him."she said,tears falling from her eyes.The crowd had started to cry by then and it caused more tears to fall from Lucy's face.

"My last words to him was that I hated him and that I will never love him.Had I known that I would never see him again and tell him how I loved him to his face,I would have stayed.I would have stayed by his side and tell him again and again how much I missed him.And so,I thank all of you for coming to pay your respects."she finished and stepped down from the front and back to Natsu's side.

"Good job,Luce."Natsu whispered and gave her a tender kiss on the forehead before wrapping his arms around her waist.Lucy nodded and watched as Acnologia made his way to make his speech.

Rain started to pour from the skies and Lucy made a dome.The gloomy feeling radiated in the air and to add to all the gloom came rain.

The funeral was long over but Lucy stayed with Natsu beside her.She stared at Celestia's tombstone,tears falling.

"You just had to leave me,didn't you?"she whispered,smiling weakly."Tell mom and dad I love them and that I miss them."she whispered before turning around to finally leave with Natsu.

"Goodbye,Celestia."she whispered before teleporting away from the graveyard.