41.Helpless

Natsu looked at where Lucy once stood.Where the glittering particles in the air diminished slowly.What was left of Lucy's presence was slowly fading.And he couldn't help but feel helpless.He'd been pounding on the force field in attempt of breaking it and getting to Lucy.But,his attempts were futile.

Lucy was powerful.Heck.He knew she wasn't even trying to fight.The fact that her brother was there made her lose her grip.It made her go easy.Even though she had threatened to end him,Natsu knew she wouldn't do it.He was her only family left-other than Zeref and the kids of course.

She had so much power within her.And she didn't use it because she was scared that she would hurt them.She let him take her and he was beyond furious.How could she just let him take her?

He slammed his red scaled fists down on the floor.

"Natsu...calm down."A soft feminine voice cooed.

His head shot up as his blood red eyes glared intently into brown eyes.Stray strands of scarlet hair were plastered in her face with sweat.Her eyes were filled with sorrow and guilt and her face was bloody and battered with a bloody halo around her face.

"You can't be serious!Calm down?Erza.You're telling me to calm down when Luce has just been taken hostage by her senile brother?"He yelled.Red scales had covered half of his body and face by now and wings were sprouted from his shoulder blades.

"I couldn't protect her!I'm so useless and you're telling me to calm down?What if Jelall was taken?Heck what is Rosemary was taken?I don't think you could be calm enough Erza."He seethed.

"I know and you're right.Nagi took Lucy and I can't bare to think if it was Jelall or Rosemary.I'd do what you'd do.But,I'll make sure to store all those emotions in a knot and when the time is right,I'd channel it all into my fighting.For now,we have to look for Lucy.We have to save all our energy."She said softly though the edge in her voice was unmistakably there.Natsu nodded in thanks and grinned slightly,scarlet red scales receding back to his normal skin color.

"That wouldn't be too hard,Erza."Levy said

"How so?"Natsu asked.

"Look."She said,pointing at the sky where a massive dungeon like structure floated in the sky.Black Rukh fluttered about the structure like a protective shield and it was closing around the castle fast.

"I have to get up there.Wendy,Gajeel.Get ready to come with me.Grey,Erza.You too."

Carla clung onto Wendy and Erza as Pantherlily clung onto Gajeel and Grey.Natsu was already up with Happy and flying at Max Speed towards the eerie looking dungeon.Panther Lily and Carla were not too far behind.They'd make it.He knew they would.And they'd save Lucy.For all that was worth.

They barely made it through the shield of Rukh as they landed on the deck in a heap.The exceed's magoi was drained for the flight but Lucy's overwhelming power seemed to restore their energy from the fight and flight.

"I see you've come for my sister."Came a voice followed by a chuckle that echoed all round.By now,The dungeon's deck was dark as the black Rukh covered up all the light.The only source being a few torches and lacrima's that were clung to the walls.

"Show yourself,Coward!"Natsu yelled.Another chuckle followed the silence.

"Ah.But you see,I'm not here.On this dungeon.I'm in the floating ship beside it.There's no way out.And your poor little wife is dying by the moment.And as soon as I drain all of her magic energy,she'll be nothing but a lifeless corpse that can't do anything.Not even Reincarnate."

Anger bubbled in the mages as Natsu clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

"Shut up!"He yelled,throwing balls of fire all over the deck.

"Your attempts are futile.There's no way in or out of here."Nagi said rather smugly.

"Though...there may be a way out.Through fighting SSS class monsters.But I doubt you'd be strong enough after to get through me for Lucy.You see,I'm draining all her magoi and channeling it to myself.I'd be the strongest mage in the universe without my perfect sister."

Silence followed after as Natsu ran towards the door leading down into the dungeons.They'd have to fight and they knew that.Lucy fought for them.Now,its their turn to fight for her.After everything she's done for them.And for somewhat showing her gratitude for her forgiveness despite the ill treatment she received from them.

Nothing mattered more than saving Lucy.