10.Second Origin

Minerva raised her eyebrows in an arch and shook her head.

"Not them.Just me."

"Thought so."she mumbled.

"Lucy.What exactly is second origin?"Rogue asked.She stoped pacing and stopped,smiling at the mages before her.

"Second Origin is an advanced origin of the current power you possess which is still in the boring and old state of First Origin."she explained.

"Second Origin gives you more knowledge of the spells you currently know about and gives you new spells to work with.Second Origin also enhances your abilities by one level."she finished then set her gaze in Minerva.

"Minerva,being the child I had once babysat,has already achieved her Second Origin at a young age.Giving her the time to get used to her capabilities and nurture it into something more.As seen in last year's grand magic games during the Naval Battle."she said,smiling at Minerva before continuing to let her eyes roam around the other members' faces.

"These origins go all the way up to Fifth Origin.And suppose we have enough time,I will help you unlock all Five Origins."she smiled

"However,in order to achieve Second Origin,you would have to go through an excruciatingly painful experience of pain.You would writhe around on the floor in pain for about 6 hours."she paused,hearing groans of discomfort.

"But.I do have a solution.I will set a spell on you that should ease the pain and make it bearable and in the event you wouldn't be able to bare it,the spell should put you into sleep and allow you to feel no pain."she smiled.

The groans died down and she stopped ,planting her feet into the ground.

"Now.Ease your mind and breathe in.The spell itself will cause you pain but only for a minute."

"Kyūsai."she mumbled,her hands raised,golden circles appearing under them and surrounded them in a glittery,golden dome.

She watched them scream and when a minute had passed,they were kneeling on the floor,panting hard.

She smiled sheepishly.

"I'm sorry.But without the shield that is around you now,the pain would be a million times worse."she explained her eyes showing the twinkle of kindness.

Then,that twinkle was gone in the blink of an eye.All seriousness returning to her face.

"Rufus,Rogue,Sting and Orga would go through Second Origin whilst Minerva,"she said,looking at Minerva.

"Would go through Third Origin."

"Ready?"she asked.They nodded,determination set in their eyes.

"Time arc:Origin!"she mumbled,pointing at the five mages.Five blue domes formed around each individual mage before the screaming started.

Screams of pain were heard and she flinched as the bloodcurdling screams reached her ears.

She put her hand out,pointing at them.

"Heavenly blessing:heal..."she whispered.The screams died down a not h but their agonizing screams still reached her ears.

She snapped her fingers,causing them to sleep and for the screams to die down completely.

She sat in the middle of them all,sitting on the ground and crossing her legs.She closed her eyes,a white magic circle appearing under her as she meditated,her hair flowing up in the air.She floated up,rukh fluttering around her in a large orb.

She opened her eyes and saw what had to be Fairy Tail's new guildhall.She was standing beside another blonde haired girl who wore a baby pink flowing dress.

"Lucy."the soft and sweet voice called.

She smiled softly.She already knew who called her even without looking.It was just unmistakeable.She'd lived for such a long time for her not to recognize that sweet and alluring voice.

"Hello,Mavis."she whispered.

"What are you doing here?"she asked softly.

Though Lucy was not there physically,she was still there.Spiritually.Beside Mavis in Fairy Tail,watching the guild members from the dark corners of the ceiling.

"Watching."she spoke after a few moments.

"Why?"Mavis queried.

"Because...they were my family.Ever since the very beginning.When you built the guild.I was there and they welcomed me with open arms.Fairy Tail...it's my family..."

Mavis shook her head,a distant and sad look in her emerald green eyes.

"No,Lucy.You're wrong."she said,clenching her fists.

Lucy watched the mages below fight over something useless.Just like it always had been.Where a small argument can turn into a full-blown fight.

"Maybe I am...but this is your guild..."she said.

Mavis flinched,her teeth gritted and her fists clenched tightly.

"That may be so...but this isn't the guild I created.That guild died long ago.I made this guild in hopes of a better future for mages where they show care and concern for each other.To take care of each other and accept any other mage whether weak or strong...and most importantly...to be a family."she said.

Lucy laughed.

"I can see that they are united when it comes to bullying the weak that's for sure."she laughed dryly,tears starting to well up.

"Lucy...."Mavis whispered.

"You're right,Mavis.My Fairy Tail is dead.My family is dead.And I'm sad to say...that this guild...has been long dead."she said with cold eyes.

Mavis sighed.

"I'm sorry..."

Lucy turned her head towards Mavis,startled by her apology.

"What for?You didn't do anything.There's no need to apologize.There's nothing to apologize for.It's not your fault,Mavis."Lucy said,placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"But it is...that guild that you used to love...is long gone.The guild I created for you has been destroyed because I wasn't there to nurture the guild.The guild I created for you...kicked you out."She said with clenched teeth.

Mavis' eyes turned slightly red.

"Mavis...control yourself.You may be in your astral body...but that's enough to bring the guild down into ashes and those in it."Lucy tried.

Mavis heaved a sigh but calmed herself down.

"I'll be off now."Lucy said.

Mavis nodded and placed a delicate kiss on Lucy's forehead.

"Take care of yourself."Mavis whispered.

Lucy nodded and disappeared from Fairy Tail's guild.

"And make sure they treat you right."Mavis whispered once Lucy disappeared from sight.
———

Lucy opened her eyes noticing that the sky had darkened and turned into an orange-pink.

Her brown eyes looked over at the mages that were still sleeping peacefully.

There was still an hour left before they awakened and another hour and a half before Minerva awakened.

She sighed and waved her finger,the mages lifting off from the ground slowly and hovered in mid-air.She waved it again and they formed a straight line,following her indoors where she put them in their respective rooms.

She headed down into the living room and sat on the couch.

"That family is long gone..."she whispered