35.Nevermore

The breeze blew Lucy's blonde hair in her face,her beautiful,big brown eyes roaming the scenery before her.He hands intertwined with her husbands'.It was their day off from baby sitting and Mavis had volunteered along with a reluctant Zeref to babysit the twins and Nashi.

Natsu and Lucy were in the kingdom of Stella,the beautiful Stellarium crystals gleaming brightly under the rays of the sun.The blonde haired beauty smiled brightly,turning to her husband."Its beautiful,isn't it?"She turned back to the sight,with Natsu looking lovingly at her."Yea,it is."he smiled,his eyes not leaving her face.

She turned to him,to find him talking about her.A faint shade of red colored her face.She beamed and gave him a peck on the lips before they journeyed further into the bustling city hand in hand.

They arrived at the small hotel,checking in and making their way into their room.It was small but it gave a cozy and warm feeling.The couple smiled small as they set down their belongings on the hardwood floor.The couple left their room,Natsu tailing behind Lucy.Her dress swishing lightly in the faint breeze.Her long blonde hair billowing gracefully behind her.

Natsu and Lucy stood at the top of a mountain peak that overlooked the city.It was close to sunset and they had decided to sit on the peak to watch the beautiful golden sun set.The cherry blossom trees's cherry pink leaves fell slowly to the ground.Natsu threw his arm over her shoulder,nuzzling her neck.Lucy giggled softly,his breath tickling her.

"Lucy."Natsu said softly.Lucy hummed in response,lifting her head to face him."I love you."Lucy smiled."I love you too,Natsu.Now and forevermore."she said,leaning against his chest,listening to his heartbeat and watching the sun disappear slowly behind the mountains.

"Nevermore shall anyone get in our way."she whispered.Natsu beamed."Of course,Luce.I will never let anyone get in our way.Not now,not ever.Your mine."He said,earning a slight pout from Lucy."What about Nashi?"Natsu chuckled.Shaking his head."Not even Nashi."Lucy punched Natsu playfully in the arm and gave him a peck on the cheek.

The last of the sun disappeared from view and Lucy found herself thinking of Nashi."Natsu."she asked,looking up at him.Natsu looked down at Lucy giving her a questioning glance."How do you think Nashi is doing?Its been a day since I've seen my baby and I kind of miss her.We've never been away from her this long."Lucy said softly.

Natsu chuckled."She's with Mavis and Zeref.She'll be fine.Though I really hope Zeref hasn't dropped her yet.If I wasn't there,she would have cracked her skull open!"he exclaimed,laughing.But faded when he found that Lucy didn't find it as assuring.

He sighed."I'm just kidding.She's fine.Promise.Besides,we'll be back in Fiore tomorrow considering we can both teleport."Natsu assured.Lucy sighed and smiled,nodding.They continued their walk back to their room in a comfortable silence with Lucy's head rested against Natsu's shoulder.

Upon reaching their bedroom,Lucy and Natsu threw themselves on the bed,both tired and excited to go back to Fiore to their daughter.Their eyelids drooped,fatigue catching up on the two as they fell into slumber.

"Lucy!Come over here!"Natsu yelled,beckoning her over.She fell into place beside him as he draped an arm over her shoulder.Lucy looked in front to see a maiden with blood red eyes and hair fading from black to blonde.

She looked at the lady in front of her,smiling."Hello,aunt Lucy.My name is Zera."The lady introduced.Lucy's eyebrows scrunched up together."Zera?Mavis and Zeref's daughter?"she asked.

The girl frowned but nodded."You don't remember?"Lucy shook her head."No,its not that,Zera.I just forgot."she lied.Zera cheered up but soon her face fell."Nashi...she...she died...she and storm...they-they..."she choked.

Lucy and Natsu's face fell into that of horror.

Nahsi's body lay there,in Storm's arms.Still and motionless.

"no...No...NO!"she screamed

Lucy woke up,layers of sweat covering her,she wiped her forehead with the back of her hand,her heart beating rapidly.She looked around,it was just a dream.She heaved a sigh of relief as slid out of the bed,Natsu stirring awake as he felt his wife leave the bed.He rubbed his eyes.

"You okay,Luce?"he said groggily but worriedly.Lucy turned,"Yeah.I'm fine.Just a bad dream."she said softly,a small smile forming to reassure her husband.

Natsu raised an eyebrow,sliding off the mattress and walking towards her.He held her waist and led her back to the bed."Hey,its okay.It was just a dream,alright.Nothing happened.Now,tell me about it."He spoke.

Lucy's red and swollen eyes looked into his."Nashi.I dreamt about her.She and Storm.They went on a mission.And...I think she lost control of her power or something.I don't know...I'm scared,Natsu."she choked."Scared if it being the future."she continued."Zera.She was there too.On the mission.With them and Nashi....she lay there lifeless,limp,dead!"she sobbed,burying her face in Natsu's chest.

He kissed her forehead tenderly."Its going to be fine,Luce.I won't let that happen.Never."he soothed,rubbing her back in a comforting manner.She looked up at him."Thank you,Natsu."she said as she lay in his arms,slowly falling asleep.Natsu chuckled softly,as he lay down on the bed with Lucy laying on his chest.

He looked up at the ceiling,deep in thought,his brows furrowed."I won't let that happen."he whispered to himself,as he closed his eyes and falling asleep.

The night passed on with the moonbeams finding its way through the blinds and into Mavis' room where she and Zeref were sound asleep.All four babies lay beside their bed in a very large crib.It had been a very stressful day for Mavis and Zeref with Nashi wailing from time to time.Sure,Asuna and Kirito were no problem being able to walk and do whatever they wanted.And Zera,wasn't that much of a problem.

Nashi,being only a week old,had been wailing for most of the day which Zeref and Mavis found normal considering Zera was of the same problem when she was a baby.So they shrugged it off.It was fun and all but Mavis and Zeref just wanted the day to pass by for Natsu and Lucy to return.