38.Home

Lucy sat in the Pavillion with Nashi in her lap and Natsu beside her.Natsu's arm was draped lovingly around Lucy's neck as they watched the grads blow slightly in the wind and the tree's leaves swaying around.

It was bright and sunny out but that wasn't entirely enough to cheer the couple up.Not after what happened not too long ago.Lucy was recovering from what had happened but still showed remorse.

It truly was a painful event for Lucy.Watching another one of her love one die before her eyes and be unable to save them was extraordinarily painful.And yet,she couldn't help but feel respinsible for what had happened.Despite Natsu telling her it was not her fault,she couldn't bare but take responsibility.Celestia died protecting her and her family afer all.She had died to fight someone she was meant to fight.

Lucy looked at the lush green blades of grass below their feet.She sighed airily.

Natsu looked at his wife."What's wrong,Luce?"he asked worriedly.She smiled sheepishly."Its nothing,really.Its just...I miss her,Natsu.I miss Celestia."she said.Natsu pulled her closer to him and kissed her head."I'm sure she misses you too,Luce.But she would want you to move on."he whispered.Lucy nodded and leaned her head on his shoulder muttering a small "thank you" before continuing to stare at the garden.

Hours passed and Lucy finally stood up,stretching and heading inside.But not before giving Natsu a peck on the cheek.She had work to do and it was quite bothering for Lucy.She always knew she would have work being the creator and all but,now that she had Natsu and Nashi,all she wanted to do was do family bondings.Not work.

She sighed as she entered her study and sat on the red velvet cushion and looked at the endless piles of paperwork to do.She pushed in her chair before grabbing a pen and started going through all the paperwork.

After a couple hours when the sun had begun to set in the horizon,she had already finished half of the total paperwork and couldn't be more proud of herself.She leaned against her chair and squeezed the bridge of her nose,closing her eyes in the process.

She opened her eyes a minute later when she heard a knock from the door.She sighed,"Come in."Natsu came into the room with Nashi in one arm.He smiled at her."Hey."he said.Lucy smiled softly."Hello."she said,standing up and giving them both a peck on the cheek.

The couple went out of the study,closing the door behind them and went to their bedroom.

Lucy looked at the empty bedroom of the twins.They were out with Mavis and Zeref and were expected to come home soon.Lucy sat in the bed beside Natsu and rested her head on his lap.Nashi was placed in the cot,sound asleep.Natsu weaved his hands through her long blonde hair.

She looked at him as he continued playing with her hair."How do you think the twins' day went?"she muttered,knowing he could hear her .Natsu shrugged."I'm sure it went well."Natsu said.Lucy sighed and nodded.

She sat up as she felt someone enter through the protective barrier she put up around the castle.

"I'll be back."she whispered before teleporting to the front door.She opened up the front door to see Mavis and Zeref.Holding a passed out Zera and two sleepy twins.

Lucy carried them as she thanked Zeref and Mavis before they headed off.She teleported into the twins' bedroom and put them down on their bed before walking to their bedroom.

Natsu looked at her."Their asleep."she said,walking over and laying down beside Natsu.He chuckled as he snaked his arm around Lucy's waist."You know,for a pheonix,they sure act more like humans."he said,snuggling up beside her.Lucy hummed in agreement as she turned to face Natsu.

She looked at him.He seemed more peaceful when he wasn't fighting.She smiled and draped her arm over him.Before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

But,she was awoken soon after by the bright morning sun beams shining through the window blinds.She yawned at opened up her eyes.She then turned her head to her right to see that Natsu was gone.She quickly sat up and walked towards their closet,picking out a diamond flower tiara along with a white off shoulder dress,reaching her mid thighs and some black flats.She then headed over to the bathroom for a quick shower before heading down for breakfast.

She reached the last of the steps but was surprised to see that the house was empty.Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the deserted castle.The garden showed no sight of her husband and kids as well.Fear started to build up in her as she frantically teleported place to place in the castle.And yet,she found the house deserted.

Tears started to brim up in her eyes as she sat down on her bed,burying her face in the pillow.She fell into a short nap with tear stains on her cheeks.Hoping that her nightmare didn't come true.That they hadn't left her.

A/N:I know short chapter today but I'm having a major writers block for this chapter.Though I do promise that the next will be long.

Check out my other book,The other Marauder under my works!