Chapter 48: Work No Play Part ll

I looked at Blake and I could tell something was wrong but I didnt want to ready her mind because that would be wrong of me.

"What's wrong?" I asked out flat and she smiled.

"Nothing, um when can I go home?" she asked and I sighed.

"I think in a few hours I'll have Nathan check you out" I told her and I looked at Nathan and with a nod he left the room.

"Okay what's on your mind?" I asked her sitting beside her and her body stiffened a bit.

"Can't read minds?" she asked and I smiled and nodded.

"Yes but I'm half human so sometimes on certain people it doesn't work and your one of those few people" I told her and her body relaxed.

"Look whatever it is just tell me or ask me I wont try ripping your throat out" I told her in all honestly.

"The reason for Nick and Nathan being sentenced, was it because you?" she asked and I honestly thought about lying to her.

"Yeah... It was because of me but Nick isn't capable of loving anyone Blake and I know maybe you have a thing for him don't get to caught up in it he will hurt you its just what Nick does" I told her and I got up because her face showed of something I couldn't quite understand.

" I'm not saying that I love him because I don't but I do feel protected my him and that whole blood sharing a bond thing just makes it worse, and he told me that when your a vampire all your feelings are heightened so if he cares about me then that means she really cares about me" She said all in one breath and I walked around the room.

"Blake I don't want to see you get hurt and with him you will" I told her and she sat up and her eyes bore into mine.

"I'm being attacked left and right and I'm surrounded by vampires Sam, of course I'm going to get hurt and If you mean heart wise, then my hear was broken five minutes ago when my best friend told me who I should and should fall for" she said and it honestly hurt when she said this.

"I'm sorry Blake I'm- I'm just trying to do the right thing" I told her and she got got of bed and began putting her clothes on.

"No Sam, maybe fore you but not for me... You love him don't you?" she asked and my heart started to race at 10 miles per hour,

"No, well yes but no" I told her and she laughed.

"You do and it's hard for you to even hide it because now I even see it" she spat and before I could say another word the Royal Gods entered the room. My jaw dropped and I practically wet my pants.

(Sorry it's so short guys I've had a little writers block on this story but I'm getting some fresh new ideas so keep up the reading :) )