Chapter 26: Ghost From The Past

With graduation coming up and this whole ordeal with the board members I had totally forgotten about Jade. Nathan had made sure she was reunited with her mom in a safe part of the manor but I have no clue if they were ok after all the fighting went down there. After going to check up on Nathan and see he was slowly but surely recovering I headed over to the manor.

When I arrived at the manor the entire front lawn had been destroyed and covered in blood,ash, and weapons. What once was a beautiful place was not almost nothing. I made my way inside the half burnt house and saw movement to my left and stopped. I was really careful about what I was doing and when I turned to look Nick was behind me. 

"Dammit Nick what the hell is wrong with you?" I asked in an frustrated tone. I hated when people snuck up on me fairly because when I'm on edge I tend to react on instinct instead of thinking meaning I could be hurting some innocent. 

"I do believe that this is my own home what's got your panties in a twist ?" he asked grinning a cheeky smile. 

"Nothing just don't sneak up on me like that alright? Now help me look for someone well if their still here or even alive " I told him and she smiled more. 

"What's in it for me?" he asked and I knew he was up to something. 

"Umm nothing?" I said or well more like asked. 

"Then I'm not helping you" he said and started to walk away. I bit my lip and had to think fast there was no way I could cover the whole house alone especially with it in this condition and plus he knew every room in the house so this would go a lot faster. 

"Okay okay what do you want ?" I asked him and he gave me a devilish smile. 

"Take me out anywhere of your choice of course " he said and I laughed . 

"What? No " I told still laughing and he shrugged his shoulders and started to walk away again. 

"Okay okay I will just let's get started" I told him and I began walking down a very familiar hall. I don't think I've ever actually walked this hall before it's more like a memory. I slowly dazed at the walls there gold square prints were so beautiful and they reminded me of a place my dad brought me to when I was eight . A noise of something falling and shattering brought me out my trance and I looked around. 

"Nick? Is that you?" I asked into think crisp cool air but no reply . 

"Nick? Where'd you go?" I asked into the air again and yeah I know its lame to do this and it seems a little cliche but I didn't know what else to do. I stood their a little longer until I finally grabbed my phone and called him. The other line rang and rang but as I heard the receiver being picked up I felt a touch on my shoulder . 

"There you are where did you run off to and what did you break?" I asked hanging up my phone and turning around only to realize it wasn't Nick. My phone dropped to the floor and I could see Nicks name light up my screen of my iPhone as he called back. I left the phone there and tried to find words to speak.

"Dad?" I whispered faintly as a man that I believed to be him stood before me. He wore a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and slick fitted suit pants with his matching watch that I brought him for our last Christmas we every spent together. I knew it was really him because those where the same clothes he died in. I made sure he was buried in them to because I couldn't come to terms that he was actually gone and I didn't want anything to change or be different. 

"Sweetheart you have no idea how good it feels to see your face" he told me and I looked at him with tears in my eyes and confusion. 

"But daddy yo-your dead I saw you die" I whispered to him and he smiled one of his loving smiles and he drew closer to me. His hand slowly meet my cheek and I could actually feel his touch. 

"Baby girl I am dead but I was told to come back to warn you your in over your head" he said to me and I looked more confused. 

"Baby girl I know what you are and I know who you are so I know that you will not give up until justice is restored I believe in you and your mother does to" he said to me kissing my forehead. 

"what? Dad what do you mean? Who told you to tell me this?" I asked and he just smiled slowly backing away and i I held on to his hand ever so tightly. 

"We love you sweetheart never forget that" he told me and he was gone. It wasn't until I no longer felt his hand in mine did I break down and begin to cry.