Chapter 28: What Lies Inside Part ll

(Nathans P.O.V) 

*Flashback from Nathans journal* 

Everything around the manor was being redecorated and fancied up for the arrival of more then three hundred people that would be here in hours. I looked around the front yard as maids and servants ran around like little puppies trying to get everything done that mother had demanded of them. I began walking up the front steps as my brother ran up from behind me and frantically panting and with a huge smile on his face. 

"Have you seen her? God brother I speak of no lies when I say she is the most beautiful girl I had ever seen" he said holding on to my shoulder and looking out at a car that had pulled up in our long driveway. 

"Well who is she brother?" I asked him and he smiled bigger as a young and beautiful indeed girl stepped out. 

"Valerie Gabriella Juliana Hummel first and only daughter of the royal Hummel family" he said as we both stood there starstruck. 

"She looks amazing does she not? I will have to speak to her" I told him and I quickly made my way to her side. A smile was brought among her lips and I took her hand in mine and kissed it. 

"Welcome I didn't know we would be expecting any visitor upon us until later" I stated and she giggled. 

"Well surprise, my mother and father were called in early guess your parents need to speak with them but until then I'm sure you can keep me entertained?" She said asking the last part. 

"Of course anything for guest, I am Nathaniel Whitehorse " I told her but I felt as she already knew that. 

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Whitehorse I am Valerie Hummel" she said smiling at me with her eyes they were drawing me in and I couldn't put my finger on it but something about her was different.  

"Well shall we?" she asked and I came from my daze 

" Yes we shall" I replied to her and put out my arm and she wrapped hers in mine and I led her around to the back of the house where garden had been just finished and the trails were now walkable. 

"Wow this place looks gorgeous" she said looking over all the flowers and she picked a rose from the rose bush. 

"My parents like their scenery " I told her and I heard a chuckle from behind us. 

"Don't be foolish little brother you and I both know this garden was our doing and not mothers or fathers they don't have a green thumb even if it had been painted on them" Nick said and Valerie laughed at this. 

"And you are?" She asked him and he took her hand kissing it. 

"Nickolas Whitehorse you must be the lovely Valerie Gabriella Juliana Hummel?" He asked and she nodded. 

"Yes I am how did you know?" She asked giving him a small smile. 

"I tend to know the names of very beautiful young ladies" he told her and this made her smile more. 

"Well then thank you Mr. Whitehorse but your brother promised to take me on a walk through the garden before the sun set" she said taking my arm in hers and I smiled down at her. 

"And as you can see it will be setting soon we shall see you back at the ball" she said and with that she led me off down the first past leaving my brother behind. We walked for a few moments then came to a stop and she smiled up at me. 

"So Mr. Whitehorse tell me about yourself" she said and I smiled shyly and shook my head. 

"No no it's quite boring" I said and she looked me in the eyes and it was like she was looking into my soul. Her eyes were different, bigger and of a dark black color.